+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

siju22

Jun 30, 2017
Hi i got my AOR yesterday. I applied on paper on Oct. How can i link my account to track the status? I tried to register to some link, but it keeps saying my UCI or Application number is incorrect and would not let me register. Any help from you ppl would be appreciated. Thanks
Please try after 24-48hours to link without any issues.

Reactions: Allen14

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, just want to find out if its possible to accept a foreign job while waiting for citizenship. In this case this will be for the US. At present, I've just been made redundant as of 2 days ago and have just been in touch with the hiring manager for a US company and they are prepared to do all the paperwork for me. Because they want to FastTrack the application and the HR says it could be ready within a 2 weeks - 1 month. Is there any problem in this? I know I will have to inform IRCC of an address change (if it happens) but if so will this affect the processing of my application?

Thank you all in advance of your replies.

Wale_ha

Jan 4, 2022
Is there any idea when the citizenship test may be for this group, please? My application was submitted on October 18th and the AOR received on January 14th.

Physical Presence Days: 1,095 days
Application: single (paper/ 28 yrs)
Application sent: October 18th , 2021
Delivered: October 23, 2021
AOR: January 14th, 2021
Dec 29, 2021 Application filed

Last edited:

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Is there any idea when the citizenship test may be for this group, please? My application was submitted on October 18th and the AOR received on January 14th.

Physical Presence Days: 1,095 days
Application: single (paper/ 28 yrs)
Application sent: October 18th , 2021
Delivered: October 23, 2021
AOR: January 14th, 2021
Dec 29, 2021 Application filed
Applied in July AOR in Oct ( still waiting for anything to happen, not even a frigging ghost update till now :mad:)

NRY

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Hi all, just want to find out if its possible to accept a foreign job while waiting for citizenship. In this case this will be for the US. At present, I've just been made redundant as of 2 days ago and have just been in touch with the hiring manager for a US company and they are prepared to do all the paperwork for me. Because they want to FastTrack the application and the HR says it could be ready within a 2 weeks - 1 month. Is there any problem in this? I know I will have to inform IRCC of an address change (if it happens) but if so will this affect the processing of my application?

I don't think it would be a problem because the decision would be made depending on whether you are qualified - met all the requirements or not - unless you are going to the US on an immigrant visa.
Curious to listen to the others

Madhu1584

Jan 23, 2022
Hi,
I am planning for my citizenship application next week. I have a family of 3, Since I can’t apply online as a family. Is it good to apply 2 of us apply online separately. And applying via Paper based for my kid. Since my Daughter is 7 year old I can’t apply online for Her application.

I need some inputs from this group is it apply all together on a paper based dis a good option.
OR
Applying separately 2 of us online then on Paperbased for my Daughter?
Please suggest me which is the good option.

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
Hi,
I am planning for my citizenship application next week. I have a family of 3, Since I can’t apply online as a family. Is it good to apply 2 of us apply online separately. And applying via Paper based for my kid. Since my Daughter is 7 year old I can’t apply online for Her application.

I need some inputs from this group is it apply all together on a paper based dis a good option.
OR
Applying separately 2 of us online then on Paperbased for my Daughter?
Please suggest me which is the good option.
Is there a reason you are looking to apply separately? The 3 applications will possibly progress at different pace, and will create more headaches.

gappy31600

May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14-10-2016
Hi All,

Hope your application is processing good. I just have a quick question. Me and my wife are eligible for citizenship. I know currently for family application IRCC is accepting only paper applications.

However some people are also suggesting that we can apply online with two applications i.e. one online application for me and a different online application for my wife.

I would like to know if someone has actually done this? ( filing two separate online applications instead of one paper application)

Thanks in advance

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore

I don't think it would be a problem because the decision would be made depending on whether you are qualified - met all the requirements or not - unless you are going to the US on an immigrant visa.
Curious to listen to the others
I am moving to the US on a greencard (immigrant visa) mid next month. I applied for citizenship on Oct 31, 2021.

I called IRCC about 9 months ago and asked if this would pose any issues with my citizenship application, and the response was, "No, it wouldn't so long as you meet the eligibility criteria." Intent to reside in Canada after receiving citizenship has been removed as a criteria for becoming a citizen. So moving to the US in itself does not lead to denial of your citizenship application.

The IRCC agent did tell me, they might scrutinise my application more than usual. I expect this would translate into delays in processing (although when i asked her if it would mean delays, she said not necessarily.)

The biggest challenge I think is just ensuring you meet the Residency obligation (730 days of physical presence in Canada within the last 5 years as of the day of your oath), and are able to travel to Canada for test and oath. As for communication from IRCC, it is mostly over email, but you can also update a US address with them to send you any communication (US is the only other country besides Canada for which they accept communication address.)

The IRCC agent was very friendly and seem to perceive the move as negative at all. In fact she congratulated me on it and wished me luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: NRY

anthony81

Jan 13, 2022
Application type: Paper
Physical presence: 1105 days
Application: Family of 4
Application sent: Oct 4th
Application delivered: Oct 8th
AOR: Jan 21st
IP: Jan 24th

Got "In Progress" in ECAS today. Any ideas when to expect a test invite?

Reactions: siju22

e_ca

Star Member
May 23, 2016
Application Type: Single
Application method: Online
Application Location: Toronto
App Received: 26th-Oct-2021
Physical presence: 1197 days
AOR: 20-Jan- 2022

In progress: 21-Jan- 2022

No in-progress update email. But I created an account and the status says in progress.