+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

mmario

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
I also contacted my processing office (Winnipeg) and they told me:

Hello,

Thank you for your email. You are currently in the que for a citizenship ceremony. We cannot give you a date or time but please monitor your email for further updates.

We strongly advise you to not make any travel arrangements until after you have taken the oath and received your citizenship certificate.

Best regards,

IRCC Official

rush171

Star Member
Jan 31, 2023
That's interesting. I did tell them that I have travel planned on Mar 15 (I have a work trip) during the oath ceremony. I don't know if I'll get a passport by then if I'm being honest. You'd think that they'd process all certs from a day together. AFAIK the certificates are already printed out. They just need to send them out after the oath. Hope yours changes quickly
I ended up calling them today. Apparently my certificate was also shipped, but the online tracker still stays in progress. IRCC for sure likes to keep some thrill and suspense till the end.

• Haha
Reactions: VAIOIVAN

mmario

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Today I was scheduled for the oath Ceremony where they say:

Take the Oath of Citizenship
Citizenship ceremony

Waiting on you
You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on April 3, 2023.
Follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:
  • how to attend the ceremony
  • what documents do you have to present
The notice you’ll receive is the official confirmation of the appointment. If you haven’t received the notice by the date of the scheduled appointment, contact us.

So I guess I will receive a notification in my email soon. Not sure when

mmario

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Does anyone know when actually do you receive the email notification for the oath Ceremony?
Hoe many days before the actual oath?
Thank you

mmario

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
I ended up calling them today. Apparently my certificate was also shipped, but the online tracker still stays in progress. IRCC for sure likes to keep some thrill and suspense till the end.
Did you receive an email notification? And if yes how many days before the axtuall oath date? Thank you.

rush171

Star Member
Jan 31, 2023
Did you receive an email notification? And if yes how many days before the axtuall oath date? Thank you.
As always with IRCC, there is no rhyme and rhythm to when you get an email. I got an email 2 weeks before the ceremony, while I have seen some others get it 3-5 days before the ceremony. I would say if you don't receive by March 27th, give them a call or email.

mmario

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
As always with IRCC, there is no rhyme and rhythm to when you get an email. I got an email 2 weeks before the ceremony, while I have seen some others get it 3-5 days before the ceremony. I would say if you don't receive by March 27th, give them a call or email.
Got it. Thank you.

Reactions: rush171

VAIOIVAN

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017