+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

sambibi

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
Hello @sambibi I am in same boat as well. Applied Oct 24th 2021 and fingerprints was sent to them in late August and criminality passed in late October and test in November. My security was started in late July ( same time received fingerprints ).
When was your security screening started?
Hello @manmoi31 They received my FP September 1st. I don't know if I passed criminality. Where did you get that information. I called ircc, sent a request to receive notes but no information. I applied Oct 21.

sambibi

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
Hello @sambibi I am in same boat as well. Applied Oct 24th 2021 and fingerprints was sent to them in late August and criminality passed in late October and test in November. My security was started in late July ( same time received fingerprints ).
When was your security screening started?
What is the date they received your FP? It looks like they passed the background of those they received FP mid July. They passed a batch of people around Feb 13-16

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
What is the date they received your FP? It looks like they passed the background of those they received FP mid July. They passed a batch of people around Feb 13-16
FP is for Criminality and it was passed in late October and I submitted my fingerprints in early August and my security was started at end of July ( same time when I received updated and fingerprints request- end of July). Not sure when they received it or processed it, I don’t think it goes with FP submission more with when they started security screening. I received test invite a week later after my criminality was passed and did receive a ghost update around that time too.

sambibi

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
FP is for Criminality and it was passed in late October and I submitted my fingerprints in early August and my security was started at end of July ( same time when I received updated and fingerprints request- end of July). Not sure when they received it or processed it, I don’t think it goes with FP submission more with when they started security screening. I received test invite a week later after my criminality was passed and did receive a ghost update around that time too.
My background has been updated this morning and it shows now completed.
Application oct 21, 2021
FP received sept 1st,2022
Test July,2022

rush171

Star Member
Jan 31, 2023
My application got closed today (though the actual date in the tracker shows Monday Mar 6)
Thats awesome. Mine is still open (even though customer care agent says its being processed as urgent :D)..Nothing new at my end. Hopefully you will have it in hand by early next week.

Atique

Star Member
Nov 25, 2016
hi All,
I have a quick question, I submitted my application on Jan 9th, AOR Jan 24 and nothing after that until March 3rd when my BG was completed. So, I am curious and worried that I never received any request for finger prints? Is this something normal, does it happen usually and if anyone knows if that happens what will be the next steps.

thanks, any assistance/information provided will be appreciated.

e_ca

Star Member
May 23, 2016
hi All,
I have a quick question, I submitted my application on Jan 9th, AOR Jan 24 and nothing after that until March 3rd when my BG was completed. So, I am curious and worried that I never received any request for finger prints? Is this something normal, does it happen usually and if anyone knows if that happens what will be the next steps.

thanks, any assistance/information provided will be appreciated.
not everyone gets fingerprint requests. If the BG check is done, it's nothing to be worried about until your application drags for so long that they have to redo it.

Reactions: Atique

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
Thats awesome. Mine is still open (even though customer care agent says its being processed as urgent :D)..Nothing new at my end. Hopefully you will have it in hand by early next week.
That's interesting. I did tell them that I have travel planned on Mar 15 (I have a work trip) during the oath ceremony. I don't know if I'll get a passport by then if I'm being honest. You'd think that they'd process all certs from a day together. AFAIK the certificates are already printed out. They just need to send them out after the oath. Hope yours changes quickly

Reactions: rush171