+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

mmario

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Congrats! My background was completed on Feb 13. I am also wondering how long it will take for LPP and then oath. I have noticed that most Aug-Oct 2021 applicants who have waited a long time (9+ months) for background check (security), got LPP completed a few weeks later, and oath scheduled around 2 months after that. So it could be at least a 3 month wait for us (minimum). Unless they pick on something in the file, in which case they could push it right to the "23 month" mark I.e. the fall.

Agee that it should be processed faster. I've already lost a work offer due to citizenship not coming through in time. I now need to spend 1-2 years abroad to provide end of life care to my parents and really need citizenship before i go. The wait is frustrating.
Let me know if you get any good news.

I am waiting on your update to estimate my waiting time

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
Yup 7:15, Judge Hart.
I have seen some threads where it was delivered in 7-14 days after oath with Calgary. I am watching my tracker to see when they mark the application as closed. Usually thats an indication that it has been shipped.
Was there any change to your tracker? Mine's still in progress though I sent them the signed form literally 5 mins after the oath ceremony

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
It's so interesting some people have the background check completed months before LPP. Even before the citizenship test, where we are on a different path.
Well some people's security screening takes more time. I wish I knew why. What I've learned is that all we can do is wait.

mmario

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
I am wondering, for people that applied in August 2021, and they have an enhanced screening, how long after the background completion did they get LPP completed?

mmario

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
I also got my GCMS NOTES:

Does anyone know what E GRANT Review Ready means?

According to Gcms notes nothing has been completed except the citizenship test and background check

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I am wondering, for people that applied in August 2021, and they have an enhanced screening, how long after the background completion did they get LPP completed?
Around a month
I also got my GCMS NOTES:

Does anyone know what E GRANT Review Ready means?

According to Gcms notes nothing has been completed except the citizenship test and background check
I think "review ready" (ready for review) means LPP review. Before that it is "test ready" (ready to take test). I believe the next stage would be "oath ready" (ready to be scheduled for oath).

"Review ready" is a good sign. It means that your file is being processed

Last edited:

BigH

Aug 7, 2019
Around a month

I think "review ready" (ready for review) means LPP review. Before that it is "test ready" (ready to take test). I believe the next stage would be "oath ready" (ready to be scheduled for oath).

"Review ready" is a good sign. It means that your file is being processed

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Congratulations. Did you receive FP request and what is the date they received your fingerprints. Thanks
Hello @sambibi I am in same boat as well. Applied Oct 24th 2021 and fingerprints was sent to them in late August and criminality passed in late October and test in November. My security was started in late July ( same time received fingerprints ).
When was your security screening started?