+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Did you try contacting your MP?
Yes I did a week ago. They said they would look into it, and get back to me within 2 weeks. Realistically, I expect them to respond with the canned line of the average processing time being 23 months.

I ordered GCMS notes twice, once in August 2022, and then again in January 2023. Never received them. I then ordered CBSA notes and receieved them fairly quickly. I found a number of errors in the file and also evidence of delays. There has been no activity on my case for almost a year. I put down all this in a letter and sent to my MP.

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
Sorry, your wait was so long.Do you have any idea why? Was there anything you did that you think helped to progress your application? I also applied in Oct 2021, and not received Test invite yet.

Hope the rest of your processing progresses quickly.
No clue. But I did ask my MP to contact IRCC for a status update in January. IRCC responded that things are in progress. I also asked for GCMS notes in October, haven't received them yet.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015

Peter123

Mar 4, 2019
I finally received an email for my oath taking ceremony about 8 months after I completed my test. but for some reason I cannot open my tracker account it just stays on the loading screen. I hope it wont be a problem as my ceremomny would be tomorrow.

renju mukundan

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
I finally received an email for my oath taking ceremony about 8 months after I completed my test. but for some reason I cannot open my tracker account it just stays on the loading screen. I hope it wont be a problem as my ceremomny would be tomorrow.
7 months done still waiting for the oath email and oath email only

murraymp

Jul 18, 2017
Background Check marked as completed (Feb 27 but only updated today). First update since the December 16th Ghost update. I'm Scarborough office.

Based on what I've read above I can expect the LPP hopefully in the next few weeks. Optimistic for a potential Oath in May...

Right Now just Test and Background Completed.

Last edited:

Anas_M88

Oct 12, 2021
Background Check marked as completed (Feb 27 but only updated today). First update since the December 16th Ghost update. I'm Scarborough office.

Based on what I've read above I can expect the LPP hopefully in the next few weeks. Optimistic for a potential Oath in May...

Right Now just Test and Background Completed.
Same here background got updated this morning to complete. I hope things run smoothly now.

mmario

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
It looks like we have a lot of folks in the same situation:

• The citizenship test is passed
  • The background is completed (after many months of being in progress)
  • LPP is in progress
Let's see how long it will take from Background completed to LPP completed. That will be an indication for everyone here.

So far, I have seen that the background is completed, and then they send an invitation to do the citizenship test.
We are apparently in a different process where the background takes more time.

Reactions: johnjkjk

renju mukundan

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Finally received oath update
Applied oct 18 2021
AOR Jan 12 2022
Test completed July 27
Physical presence re enquiry for n nov 28
Everything turned green as completed on jan 27
Oath invite march 1

thank for all the consolation to the people in this group

mmario

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Applied oct 18 2021
AOR Jan 12 2022
Test completed July 27
Oath invite march 1

Was your background completed on Jan 27th?

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied oct 18 2021
AOR Jan 12 2022
Test completed July 27
Oath invite march 1

Congrats! What is the actual oath date?

Reactions: renju mukundan

rush171

Star Member
Jan 31, 2023
Finally took the oath ceremony yesterday. It lasted about 1.5hrs. The ceremony clerk said the certificate should arrive in 2-4weeks.
In my registration, the clerk acknowledged that they had received my request to expedite the certificate(due to frequent travel to US for work). They asked me to send the oath form asap and they will "try but can't guarantee" to get it out asap. There was no option to pick up the certificate. I m in Vancouver and the ceremony was held by Calgary citizenship office. Hoping to get it soon.

Good luck to others waiting (including my spouse who applied the same day as me but is still stuck on LPP).

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
Finally took the oath ceremony yesterday. It lasted about 1.5hrs. The ceremony clerk said the certificate should arrive in 2-4weeks.
In my registration, the clerk acknowledged that they had received my request to expedite the certificate(due to frequent travel to US for work). They asked me to send the oath form asap and they will "try but can't guarantee" to get it out asap. There was no option to pick up the certificate. I m in Vancouver and the ceremony was held by Calgary citizenship office. Hoping to get it soon.

Good luck to others waiting (including my spouse who applied the same day as me but is still stuck on LPP).
I think we were in the same oath ceremony. 7:15 AM PST?

Does anyone know how long the Calgary office takes to actually send the certificates out? I sent my oath form back right after the ceremony.

I had to cancel my previous work trip on Mar 15 but I'm wondering if I should also cancel the one on April 5.