+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

mmario

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
It looks like yea they work overtime.
Or the system gets notified a bit later.

My background verification was completed today.

Now I am waiting for LPP. It looks like could be a few months, or am I wrong about this?
Although this should be faster because otherwise, they shouldn't accept the application at all.

e_ca

Star Member
May 23, 2016
Hi just to confirm, do you know what time of the day your tracker got updated?
Nope, I checked it very late during the day. Wasn't expecting anything to happen over the weekend. Coincidently I checked it. But later I saw another post, where this other person updated the status on the forums, the same day before noon.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Nope, I checked it very late during the day. Wasn't expecting anything to happen over the weekend. Coincidently I checked it. But later I saw another post, where this other person updated the status on the forums, the same day before noon.
Thanks! Congratulations on the oath.

Someone was telling me updates on tracker happen only once a day just after midnight. So I wanted to know if that was true.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
It looks like yea they work overtime.
Or the system gets notified a bit later.

My background verification was completed today.

Now I am waiting for LPP. It looks like could be a few months, or am I wrong about this?
Although this should be faster because otherwise, they shouldn't accept the application at all.
Congrats! My background was completed on Feb 13. I am also wondering how long it will take for LPP and then oath. I have noticed that most Aug-Oct 2021 applicants who have waited a long time (9+ months) for background check (security), got LPP completed a few weeks later, and oath scheduled around 2 months after that. So it could be at least a 3 month wait for us (minimum). Unless they pick on something in the file, in which case they could push it right to the "23 month" mark I.e. the fall.

Agee that it should be processed faster. I've already lost a work offer due to citizenship not coming through in time. I now need to spend 1-2 years abroad to provide end of life care to my parents and really need citizenship before i go. The wait is frustrating.

karem abd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
Hi just to confirm, do you know what time of the day your tracker got updated?
Usually the updates happens 3 days a week, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and two times in these days early morning between 6 and 9, and noon time between 12 and 3. At least this is for Scarborough office I'm not really sure about other offices, but from what I've seen in this form it felt the same.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
After a wait of almost 1.5 years, we finally received the test invite.
Application Filed : 21-Oct-2021
AOR : 17-Jan-2022
Test Invite : 17-Feb-2023
Test Completed : 26-Feb-2023

Everything shows in progress on the online tracker.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
After a wait of almost 1.5 years, we finally received the test invite.
Application Filed : 21-Oct-2021
AOR : 17-Jan-2022
Test Invite : 17-Feb-2023
Test Completed : 26-Feb-2023

Everything shows in progress on the online tracker.
Sorry, your wait was so long.Do you have any idea why? Was there anything you did that you think helped to progress your application? I also applied in Oct 2021, and not received Test invite yet.

Hope the rest of your processing progresses quickly.

mmario

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Congrats! My background was completed on Feb 13. I am also wondering how long it will take for LPP and then oath. I have noticed that most Aug-Oct 2021 applicants who have waited a long time (9+ months) for background check (security), got LPP completed a few weeks later, and oath scheduled around 2 months after that. So it could be at least a 3 month wait for us (minimum). Unless they pick on something in the file, in which case they could push it right to the "23 month" mark I.e. the fall.

Agee that it should be processed faster. I've already lost a work offer due to citizenship not coming through in time. I now need to spend 1-2 years abroad to provide end of life care to my parents and really need citizenship before i go. The wait is frustrating.
Yea this seems to be the case.

If you pass the background check (after you have passed the citizenship test) it takes them 3-4 weeks to update the LPP and it takes them 1 more month to send the Oathj Ceremony email.
So best case scenario we take an oath about 3 months after the background is completed...
Worst case scenario...it might take way more time lol

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Usually the updates happens 3 days a week, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and two times in these days early morning between 6 and 9, and noon time between 12 and 3. At least this is for Scarborough office I'm not really sure about other offices, but from what I've seen in this form it felt the same.
Thank you. That's really good to know, as I am told my secondary office is Scarborough, although it is still waiting at Sydney.