+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

ExLeo777

Star Member
Dec 19, 2022
Gatineau
Visa Office......
Ottawa
True about the GCMS notes - I received mine 7 months after ordering them.

As for the primary and secondary office, my GCMS notes state clearly that my primary office is Ottawa and secondary is Sydney. I have just asked a colleague of mine who applied about a year before myself. He also requested GCMS notes, and his notes also show Ottawa as the primary office and Sydney as the secondary.
Why i wait for 10 months since passed test Mar 2022? Language skills/physical/prohibitions are still In progress.so long long - it seem no people process my case. Or they lose my application?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Any recommendations.... to apply for PR renewal, online is better or Paper application is better, or doesn't make any difference ? Thanks for reply.
Apply online. Unlike citizenship app there is no advantage in term of speed of processing of one over other.

sambibi

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
True about the GCMS notes - I received mine 7 months after ordering them.

As for the primary and secondary office, my GCMS notes state clearly that my primary office is Ottawa and secondary is Sydney. I have just asked a colleague of mine who applied about a year before myself. He also requested GCMS notes, and his notes also show Ottawa as the primary office and Sydney as the secondary.
Waw 7 months for the GCMS notes. Also what surprise me is when they respond to many people they provide general informations that you can get when you call ircc call centre. Like we are still processing

renju mukundan

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Hey i used to do that too and I'm also stuck with language, physical presence, and prohibitions. But I haven't received a similar request from IRCC. what's your timelime
AOR Jan 12
Test completed July 27
Everything completed except physical presence

Hpatel6

Nov 25, 2022
This is not normal. For majority of applicants they update the Oath ceremony in tracker & you do get email later almost one week before oath.

that mean we have to now keep checking emails too

can you pls post your timelines
Got email on 9 jan and today 10 Jan I checked tracker its updated to “in process”.
on Friday 6 Jan i sent an web form about oath thats why may be i got email on Monday 9 jan for oath ceremony.
Timeline-
AOR- 5 jan 2022
Background verification- 21 Jun 2022
Citizenship test completed- 26 July 2022
Prohibitions,Physical presence and Language skills- 18 August 2022

Reactions: fastfood

Hpatel6

Nov 25, 2022
Got email on 9 jan and today 10 Jan I checked tracker its updated to “in process”.
on Friday 6 Jan i sent an web form about oath thats why may be i got email on Monday 9 jan for oath ceremony.
Timeline-
AOR- 5 jan 2022
Background verification- 21 Jun 2022
Citizenship test completed- 26 July 2022
Prohibitions,Physical presence and Language skills- 18 August 2022
[/QUOTE
Yesterday I check tracker , it was same like updated last on 16 dec and oath was not started. Today i checked and suddenly showing 8 new updates including oath schedule.

5Kent

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Ottawa, ON
Waw 7 months for the GCMS notes. Also what surprise me is when they respond to many people they provide general informations that you can get when you call ircc call centre. Like we are still processing
Yep, what I suspect is that it is a generic response that they give without even looking at your file. The thing is, within the IRCC system, there is no incentive for processing applications faster, and no punishment for being slow. So, the officers looking at our files don't care too much about timelines.

PAB

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Hi, Just received ATIP, where the last update on 10/5/22 was that 'Due to processing delays resulting from covid 19 criminality clearance was expired and reinitiated. Client will be requested to resubmit new finger prints for application to proceed.'

1 - ATIP says Security: __ (blank) and Criminality: In Progress. The due date for the Oct 5 update is Dec 19 but noone reached out to me yet. My first Fingerprints were received in March and BG cleared but the FP search date was in mid Feb. It will expire next month.
2- BG re-opened to In Progress on Oct 5, 2022 but no contact from IRCC.

Is there a way to ask IRCC for the FP request email so I can provide the new set of FP for the file to move forward??

see signature for full timeline.

goingtocanadasoon

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Oath ceremony completed today. Here are some things you should be aware of:

1. I was let into the zoom meeting like 4-5 min late. So it's ok to be anxious but if it gets more than that, do reach out to them (instructions are in the oath invitation PDF you receive)
2. It was another 15-20 min until things started.
3. Overall it took an hour or so.
4. Submit the signed oath ceremony document as soon as possible (awesome if under an hour), after the oath ceremony
5. Ensure that the document is
  • is signed
  • has the correct file name
  • is PDF (preferably), you can use CamScanner for that on your phone, if you are signing the document with pen
6. Ensure that the email is
  • having the correct email address (NOTE below)
  • has the correct subject line
  • NOTE - you can reply to the email that you received for oath invitation and that's the same address you wil find in the invitation, saves your from copy pasting. Also, if the email goes through, you will get a machine generated acknowledgement email right away.
7. Other things - ensure your device battery is full, internet connection is good, you are in a quiet place and go through the entire oath cermony document at least once.
8. You don't have to memorize the national anthem and the oath (they will say and you will have to repeat), but it is good to be familiar with it.

That's all. Enjoy your journey :)

Those who are done with the oath ceremony and got the passport, how soon was it for you all?

Reactions: forw.jane

5Kent

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Ottawa, ON
Is the IRCC application tracker still down for everyone? I have not been able to access the site since yesterday. On Twitter, IRCC says we should clear cache - but it does not seem to make any difference.

SeniorSpouse

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Hi, Just received ATIP, where the last update on 10/5/22 was that 'Due to processing delays resulting from covid 19 criminality clearance was expired and reinitiated. Client will be requested to resubmit new finger prints for application to proceed.'

1 - ATIP says Security: __ (blank) and Criminality: In Progress. The due date for the Oct 5 update is Dec 19 but noone reached out to me yet. My first Fingerprints were received in March and BG cleared but the FP search date was in mid Feb. It will expire next month.
2- BG re-opened to In Progress on Oct 5, 2022 but no contact from IRCC.

Is there a way to ask IRCC for the FP request email so I can provide the new set of FP for the file to move forward??

see signature for full timeline.
If the IRCC operated logically they would request the RCMP update criminality check and not request the applicant resubmit finger prints. How does the applicant’s finger prints change from one request to another?

Reactions: PAB

vir

Star Member
Apr 20, 2016
Hi, anyone from Saskatchewan having virtual oath ceremony on 17th January, mine is scheduled but did not received email.