+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

5Kent

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Ottawa, ON
Today the IRCC answer me :
Your application is currently at the IRCC local office in Sydney. This office is verifying if you meet the eligibility requirements to be granted Canadian citizenship. Rest assured that you will be contacted if additional information is needed.
The next step will be to invite you to attend the citizenship ceremony. The local office will schedule an appointment for you in due course, if necessary.

Why! My location office is in Sydney not Ottawa. Because the Ottawa office send me citizens test. They change my case come back Sydney?

From Mar 08 2022-today
Just BG and Test is completed
Others still is in progress

10 months nothing
Every application is assigned a primary processing office (the one you send your application to) and a secondary one. For almost everyone in Ottawa, the secondary office is Sydney. The Ottawa office has too many applications in the backlog, many more than they could realistically handle. That is why a lot of their work is handled by Sydney.

You can always find out what your secondary processing office is by looking at the GCSM notes.

Reactions: ExLeo777

kadjajsd

Star Member
May 3, 2020
your timelines?
hello could someone please guide about passport application? thank you

1. when signing, can I use the same electronic signature I had used at time of completing the form for citizenship ceremony?
2. Can my guarantor also fill his section and signature electronically as well?
3. For documents to support identity, can I use my driver's license or my home country's passport?
4. Is it compulsory to give emergency contact?
5. Can my two references be from the same family? Example: two brothers or mother and daughter from same family ?
6. If my flight is 2 months from now, can I still go choose 'express pickup' option and go tomorrow to passport office?

Crsk

Jul 1, 2022
Has everyone who attended dec 19 oath received their certificates and it is just me who has not received?

renju mukundan

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
On November 25th they asked me to submit extra document for travel details and also asked me to update the physical presence and sent them back. I did it immediately and so far they haven’t sent anything yet, after that on December 16 I had a ghost update and that’s it. Apart from physical presence everything else is completed, is there any idea on this guys

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Every application is assigned a primary processing office (the one you send your application to) and a secondary one. For almost everyone in Ottawa, the secondary office is Sydney. The Ottawa office has too many applications in the backlog, many more than they could realistically handle. That is why a lot of their work is handled by Sydney.

You can always find out what your secondary processing office is by looking at the GCSM notes.
I think you got this wrong.

EVERYONE'S primary processing office Sydney. The secondary processing office is the local office. I lived in downtown Toronto before I moved to the US, so my primary office is Sydney and my secondary office is Scarborough.

@ExLeo777 's primary office is Sydney (just like anyone else), and secondary office is Ottawa because they probably live there.

It is true though that many Ottawa applicants get moved to another secondary office because Ottawa is overloaded. I have heard of many getting transferred to Niagara.

Regarding GCMS notes, everyone can order them, but you can't guarantee you will receive them. I ordered mine 6 months ago and see no sign of it...

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
On November 25th they asked me to submit extra document for travel details and also asked me to update the physical presence and sent them back. I did it immediately and so far they haven’t sent anything yet, after that on December 16 I had a ghost update and that’s it. Apart from physical presence everything else is completed, is there any idea on this guys
The ghost update on December 16 was a mass one, so that can be ignored. Interesting to hear they asked you to resubmit physical presence. Do you know why?

vimal3134

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017
Any recommendations.... to apply for PR renewal, online is better or Paper application is better, or doesn't make any difference ? Thanks for reply.

renju mukundan

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
The ghost update on December 16 was a mass one, so that can be ignored. Interesting to hear they asked you to resubmit physical presence. Do you know why?
Well I used to stay in Windsor, quiet often i used cross border, I thought I don’t have to enter same day return but they got confused with the entries and asked me to enter everything and calculate again. What do you think, how long I have to wait again for this, I’m literally stuck in physical presence that’s all

e_ca

Star Member
May 23, 2016
Well I used to stay in Windsor, quiet often i used cross border, I thought I don’t have to enter same day return but they got confused with the entries and asked me to enter everything and calculate again. What do you think, how long I have to wait again for this, I’m literally stuck in physical presence that’s all
Hey i used to do that too and I'm also stuck with language, physical presence, and prohibitions. But I haven't received a similar request from IRCC. what's your timelime

5Kent

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Ottawa, ON
I think you got this wrong.

EVERYONE'S primary processing office Sydney. The secondary processing office is the local office. I lived in downtown Toronto before I moved to the US, so my primary office is Sydney and my secondary office is Scarborough.

@ExLeo777 's primary office is Sydney (just like anyone else), and secondary office is Ottawa because they probably live there.

It is true though that many Ottawa applicants get moved to another secondary office because Ottawa is overloaded. I have heard of many getting transferred to Niagara.

Regarding GCMS notes, everyone can order them, but you can't guarantee you will receive them. I ordered mine 6 months ago and see no sign of it...
True about the GCMS notes - I received mine 7 months after ordering them.

As for the primary and secondary office, my GCMS notes state clearly that my primary office is Ottawa and secondary is Sydney. I have just asked a colleague of mine who applied about a year before myself. He also requested GCMS notes, and his notes also show Ottawa as the primary office and Sydney as the secondary.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got my oath ceremony schedule email today, it is scheduled for 31 Jan. Tracker still shows “not started”.
This is not normal. For majority of applicants they update the Oath ceremony in tracker & you do get email later almost one week before oath.

that mean we have to now keep checking emails too

can you pls post your timelines