+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

davidfore

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
Paper ! So slowly
Waiting for 10 months now
Still in progress everything
But they said: my case is in local office Sydney not Ottawa . I don’t understand why ? Because Ottawa office send the test to me
I see. Hopefully you will get update soon.

p.s. After all online apps should be easier to process, they don't have to move them around their offices :)

kadjajsd

Star Member
May 3, 2020
I was not able to update my timeline since the beginning ... here is my update:

Application sent october 15 2021
Aor jan 11 2022
Citizenship test: jul 5 2022
Police certificate required: jul 7 2022
Citizenship Test completed: jul 19 2022
Finger prints received: aug 29 2022
BG completed: aug 30 2022
Language/prohobitions/physical presence completed: oct 28 2022
Oath date: dec20 2022
File closed: dec 23 2022

Oath office: calagary
Certificate processing office: saskatoon

Still waiting for the certificate until now .... i hope to receive it soon because I have a flight to catch next week!!!
did u tell the citizenship clerk its urgent for you?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
My oath was done on the Dec 13th and still I am waiting to get my certificate. We were told to wait at least 6 weeks to get certificate and I am waiting!
I'm curious about current citizenship timelines. Which office was that for oath?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
I was not able to update my timeline since the beginning ... here is my update:

Application sent october 15 2021
Aor jan 11 2022
Citizenship test: jul 5 2022
Police certificate required: jul 7 2022
Citizenship Test completed: jul 19 2022
Finger prints received: aug 29 2022
BG completed: aug 30 2022
Language/prohobitions/physical presence completed: oct 28 2022
Oath date: dec20 2022
File closed: dec 23 2022

Oath office: calagary
Certificate processing office: saskatoon

Still waiting for the certificate until now .... i hope to receive it soon because I have a flight to catch next week!!!
Congrats!! Did you tell them about your travel plans and request urgent processing? What are you planning to do in case it doesn't arrive in time?

vir

Star Member
Apr 20, 2016
Hi, how many days before we get an email about oath ceremony, mine is scheduled on 17 th January virtual oath ceremony and no email yet.
my tracker has 2 updates first is my oath ceremony is in progress andsecond came 2 days after that my oath ceremony status is changed to not started.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi, how many days before we get an email about oath ceremony, mine is scheduled on 17 th January virtual oath ceremony and no email yet.
my tracker has 2 updates first is my oath ceremony is in progress andsecond came 2 days after that my oath ceremony status is changed to not started.
A week before the oath date. Is it the case that they have rescheduled your oath date based on the second update?

Amr0000

Oct 18, 2021
Congrats!! Did you tell them about your travel plans and request urgent processing? What are you planning to do in case it doesn't arrive in time?
Yes I did!! She told me I need to either reschedule my ceremony or my flight!! They only expedite producing the certificate if you need to travel for an emergency like a family death or a surgey ... i called them yesterday and the clerk told me the certificate is not printed out yet ... not sure if thats true ... i will keep you guys posted.

Last edited:

Amr0000

Oct 18, 2021
I need to wait for it to arrive .... I dont think I can do anything in this case unfortunately ... I wish they bring back the in person ceremony so they do this to other people too!! What if an emergency really happened and you need to travel ASAP!!

vir

Star Member
Apr 20, 2016
A week before the oath date. Is it the case that they have rescheduled your oath date based on the second update?
I email Saskatoon office about that, they replied is as follows
“We will clarify the following updates. The first update means that your family will be attending a virtual citizenship ceremony on January 17,2023 and the second update means that you have not completed your ceremony. It will be updated once you take the oath in your citizenship ceremony. Please look at your junk, spam and regular e-mail for the invitation for your citizenship ceremony.”

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I email Saskatoon office about that, they replied is as follows
“We will clarify the following updates. The first update means that your family will be attending a virtual citizenship ceremony on January 17,2023 and the second update means that you have not completed your ceremony. It will be updated once you take the oath in your citizenship ceremony. Please look at your junk, spam and regular e-mail for the invitation for your citizenship ceremony.”
Cool. Then you should wait for the invite.

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally Language, Prohibition and Physical Presence updated as complete.....update happened on a Saturday!! Hope Oath invite will arrive soon
your timelines?