+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Another Oct'21 applicant here waiting in the cold. My PR is expiring in Feb, and I have been mulling over the fact if I should renew the PR card or not. My timelines:
Oct 28 2021 -> Application submitted
Jan 25 2022 -> AOR received
Jul 15 2022 -> Request for Test
Jul 25 2022 -> Fingerprints Required
Aug 16 2022 -> Took the test
Aug 17 2022 -> Citizenship test marked completed
Aug 21 2022 -> Fingerprints result received
Aug 22 2022 -> Background check completed
Dev 16 2022 -> Ghost update

I read on forums that ghost update is a good thing and means that oath letter is on the way, been almost 20 days since and no news yet. Anyone else on the same boat?
Before Oath ur Language, Prohibition and Physical Presence should complete. Based on the timeline you shared looks like it is still not completed and after that only Oath will happen. Consider that too.

Nisht

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Canada
I am wondering if the due dates under eligibility status on the ATIP/GCMS notes mean anything? Or they are just dates that the officer can ignore.
Can anyone who has received notes confirm?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I am wondering if the due dates under eligibility status on the ATIP/GCMS notes mean anything? Or they are just dates that the officer can ignore.
Can anyone who has received notes confirm?
It would seem that they don't mean anything. My due dates came and went without any update.

muald591

Oct 16, 2021
Another Oct'21 applicant here waiting in the cold. My PR is expiring in Feb, and I have been mulling over the fact if I should renew the PR card or not. My timelines:
Oct 28 2021 -> Application submitted
Jan 25 2022 -> AOR received
Jul 15 2022 -> Request for Test
Jul 25 2022 -> Fingerprints Required
Aug 16 2022 -> Took the test
Aug 17 2022 -> Citizenship test marked completed
Aug 21 2022 -> Fingerprints result received
Aug 22 2022 -> Background check completed
Dev 16 2022 -> Ghost update

I read on forums that ghost update is a good thing and means that oath letter is on the way, been almost 20 days since and no news yet. Anyone else on the same boat?
almost the same time line - Nothing has been updated except for Citizenship test - The delay are real. Been waiting for a while too. Reached out to the office for an update but as usual generic response. Hang in tight you will get there.

dream11

Dec 16, 2017
My oath completed on Dec 19th and on Dec 30th they have closed the application. I am waiting for the Citizenship cert and continue to check my mailbox twice a day but it has not come yet.

my worry is:
1) may be its just delayed by ircc or canada post
2) can it be lost by canada post?

How many days it takes for delivery of certificate after update on profile?
Finally received the certificate through mailbox. the only thing left is passport application.

next is my wife’s application that is stuck like a lot of you guys here. Lets hope, it gets processed soon too

Last edited:
Reactions: shobasrin

kadjajsd

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Finally received the certificate through mailbox. the only thing left is passport application.

next is my wife’s application that is stuck like a lot of you guys here. Lets hope, it gets processed soon too
congrats, what was your office?

kadjajsd

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Dont know my application status changed on 30th to closed. I just called them the agent mentioned the certificate is nit dispatched yet. As per the previous comments I was under the impression that if the status is closed it means the certificate was dispatched
wow what number you called and how quickly were you able to speak to the agent? did you get your certificate now?

mashcan

Sep 4, 2019
My oath completed on Dec 19th and on Dec 30th they have closed the application. I am waiting for the Citizenship cert and continue to check my mailbox twice a day but it has not come yet.

my worry is:
1) may be its just delayed by ircc or canada post
2) can it be lost by canada post?

How many days it takes for delivery of certificate after update on profile?
My oath was done on the Dec 13th and still I am waiting to get my certificate. We were told to wait at least 6 weeks to get certificate and I am waiting!

Allen14

Star Member
Jan 22, 2018
I have not been able to login since few days on both my laptop and phone. It just keeps loading. Does anyone know how to resolve the issue?