+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

kadjajsd

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Just an update to the forum. Citizenship Certificate received.

**A humble and sincere thanks to all of you who have provided and shared the journey with me. Next step: Apply for a Canadian Passport

**I advise everyone who is awaiting their Citizenship Certificate to be on 'red alert' for the Canada Post mail man. Despite saying 'Do Not Bend' they bend the certificate when putting in the mailbox (especially those of you who have PO Box addresses). Luckily I got to mine not long after delivery so the certificate bend is barely noticeable.

Good luck to all those who are waiting their Citizenship.

Happy New Year to you all!
congrats if my travel date is close but not too close for me to do urgent or express pick up, can i still do express option just to be safe?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congrats if my travel date is close but not too close for me to do urgent or express pick up, can i still do express option just to be safe?
Hi if your travel date is close you can do 'express' options but you may be asked for the following documentation including; copies of your flight ticket and the reason if any as to why you need the urgent passport.

goingtocanadasoon

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016

Canadianthisyear

Nov 8, 2022
For the oath, I see the below here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html

What to bring

When you come to the ceremony, bring:

• your ceremony notice
  • a signed copy of the Permission Release and Consent form (included with the notice)
1. Is ceremony notice the one that I got in the email?
2. Where's the signed copy of Permission Release and Consent form?
Yes, the oath email is the notice but they didn't require it in my case. My understanding is there is no consent form for now by default you consent unless you notify them to the contrary, as stated in the oath email. Probably consent used to be a thing previously

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yep!! My Test and BGC completed in July!! Nothing after.
same here. nothing since august. obviously the processing officer is on leave and file collects dust. Crap

dream11

Dec 16, 2017
My oath completed on Dec 19th and on Dec 30th they have closed the application. I am waiting for the Citizenship cert and continue to check my mailbox twice a day but it has not come yet.

my worry is:
1) may be its just delayed by ircc or canada post
2) can it be lost by canada post?

How many days it takes for delivery of certificate after update on profile?

Reactions: mashcan

Kira77

Sep 4, 2022
My oath completed on Dec 19th and on Dec 30th they have closed the application. I am waiting for the Citizenship cert and continue to check my mailbox twice a day but it has not come yet.

my worry is:
1) may be its just delayed by ircc or canada post
2) can it be lost by canada post?

How many days it takes for delivery of certificate after update on profile?
Dont know my application status changed on 30th to closed. I just called them the agent mentioned the certificate is nit dispatched yet. As per the previous comments I was under the impression that if the status is closed it means the certificate was dispatched

ondhunt

Dec 12, 2015
Another Oct'21 applicant here waiting in the cold. My PR is expiring in Feb, and I have been mulling over the fact if I should renew the PR card or not. My timelines:
Oct 28 2021 -> Application submitted
Jan 25 2022 -> AOR received
Jul 15 2022 -> Request for Test
Jul 25 2022 -> Fingerprints Required
Aug 16 2022 -> Took the test
Aug 17 2022 -> Citizenship test marked completed
Aug 21 2022 -> Fingerprints result received
Aug 22 2022 -> Background check completed
Dev 16 2022 -> Ghost update

I read on forums that ghost update is a good thing and means that oath letter is on the way, been almost 20 days since and no news yet. Anyone else on the same boat?