+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

sambibi

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
Our timeline is similar. They asked for my fingerprint in April and was received by the office in May. My status on BGC changed to completed second week of December
Hopefully soon for us in the same position. @ecekid please let us know when you get the good news soon. Thanks

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just received my citizenship certificate. Oath ceremony on Dec 20th. Case closed on tracker on Dec 22nd. Post mark says Dec 21. Received today, Dec 28th.
That's fantastic news. Great to hear. Hoping I receive my certificate soon as well. Does it come in just a normal envelope? Or is it part of registered mail etc.?

lilybell

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
That's fantastic news. Great to hear. Hoping I receive my certificate soon as well. Does it come in just a normal envelope? Or is it part of registered mail etc.?
It comes in one of those large orange envelopes. By regular post. The envelope says Do Not Bend but the guy just left it in my locker and it was bent. Fortunately it wasn't too bad because I got it out of the mailbox within an hour of it being put there. Good luck!. I'd advise you to check your mailbox every day to ensure yours doesn't get bent too much.

Reactions: JoacRy

sree12311

Sep 25, 2017
Hello all, we have received the oath ceremony email for next month on the 24th finally. However I noticed over last two days that whenever I try to login to the tracker, it just keeps saying loading and nothing happens. Is this something expected?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello all, we have received the oath ceremony email for next month on the 24th finally. However I noticed over last two days that whenever I try to login to the tracker, it just keeps saying loading and nothing happens. Is this something expected?
Happens when your oath is scheduled and will start working once the oath is done. Don't know the technical reason behind it.

Mbm92

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Everyone got their ceremony or still there are people waiting? My wife applied after me and she got her certificate already today. I’m still in the process only the completed (test, background check) thanks

Hpatel6

Nov 25, 2022
Everyone got their ceremony or still there are people waiting? My wife applied after me and she got her certificate already today. I’m still in the process only the completed (test, background check) thanks
I am still waiting for oath everything else completed in August.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just an update to the forum. Citizenship Certificate received.

**A humble and sincere thanks to all of you who have provided and shared the journey with me. Next step: Apply for a Canadian Passport

**I advise everyone who is awaiting their Citizenship Certificate to be on 'red alert' for the Canada Post mail man. Despite saying 'Do Not Bend' they bend the certificate when putting in the mailbox (especially those of you who have PO Box addresses). Luckily I got to mine not long after delivery so the certificate bend is barely noticeable.

Good luck to all those who are waiting their Citizenship.

Happy New Year to you all!

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Same situation. Test and BGC completed since July 2022. Nothing after that.

dream11

Dec 16, 2017
My application is closed on Dec 30th stating - its all completed. Waiting for my citizenship certificate. Reading all the few post, i went to check for mail thrice but nothing is delivered yet. Its a rainy day here in GTA, so am worried for safe delivery.

dream11

Dec 16, 2017
Wife application timeline:

application submission: Oct 15 2021
AOR Jan 2022
Test completed: July 26 2022
BG, Language and all others : In progress

my application was exactly with her and my Oath is completed too.
Anyone else in similar scoop ?

rk2015

Star Member
Nov 10, 2015
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
XX-12-2014
Doc's Request.
XX-04-2016
AOR Received.
XX-04-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with the first set of docs
Med's Request
XX--05-2016
Med's Done....
XX-05-2016
Passport Req..
XX-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
XX-07-2016
LANDED..........
XX-01-2017
Hi Everyone!
After the oath taking (September 22nd) we received our citizenship certificates 7 business days (October 3rd) after we had our oath taking.

We applied for our passports (not expedited, just normal request) in-person on November 28th, Monday and they arrived via mail on December 1st, just 3 business days after.

Good luck everyone! It’s a wonderful feeling to finally be Canadians and get our passports.

Reactions: forw.jane

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

AOR Jan 2022

Did you apply separately ?

e_ca

Star Member
May 23, 2016

AOR Jan 2022

Same timeline. AOR jan 22
Test done in Aug 22

Did your wife leave the country or gave test from outside Canada