+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone hope all is well.

Just excited to report that this morning I saw an update on my Tracker. The following went from 'In Progress' to 'Completed':
*Language
*Prohibitions
*Physical Presence

Only item not 'Started': Oath

** Forgot to mention that I did not receive any Emails/Ghost Updates etc. This was just me logging into the Tracker and seeing what my Status was.

Hope everyone's profile is progressing well.

Have a relaxing weekend.

Last edited:

aakash4287

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
My oath ceremony has been scheduled for Dec 6th. Unfortunately, I will have to request for it to be postponed as I have to travel in December and will be back only in February

Timeline below for the interested -

Nov 4, 2022 - Scheduled for Citizenship oath (Dec 6, 2022)
Nov 2, 2022 - Activity status updated: Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress.
Oct 31, 2022 - Physical presence, Prohibitions and Language skills - Completed
Aug 2, 2022 - Activity status updated: Citizenship test
Hello,

I have the same situation as yours. Were you able to reschedule the oath date.
I am still waiting for an oath date to be scheduled though. Is it better to let them know in advance or should I wait until they schedule me for oath and then I ask them to reschedule. Please advise, if you were able to reschedule.

Thanks

vimal3134

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017
Same here getting a little worried. App submitted - october 27, aor - jan 21, test completed- july 29 bgc completed- july 11. Vo - scarborough, nothing since. Requested gcms notes sometime mid September, not received yet.
Dont worry, hope we will be next very soon.

tozach

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Hello,

I have the same situation as yours. Were you able to reschedule the oath date.
I am still waiting for an oath date to be scheduled though. Is it better to let them know in advance or should I wait until they schedule me for oath and then I ask them to reschedule. Please advise, if you were able to reschedule.

Thanks
I havent rescheduled mine yet. I am waiting for the email invite. I think I will try calling them next week anyways.

Mbm92

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
I have scheduled for an interview with an officer, does anyone know if this a regular thing? Anything I should be worried about? Thank you

Seedorf_20

Jun 1, 2022
I have scheduled for an interview with an officer, does anyone know if this a regular thing? Anything I should be worried about? Thank you
Hello, i would say it’s nothing to worry about, several others reported having this interview in this forum and usually doesn’t take much time, seems like checking with you travel history, ask couple of questions and that’s all. Congratulations i am sure this will be very quick and anything pending is going to be completed post this interview.

Mbm92

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hello, i would say it’s nothing to worry about, several others reported having this interview in this forum and usually doesn’t take much time, seems like checking with you travel history, ask couple of questions and that’s all. Congratulations i am sure this will be very quick and anything pending is going to be completed post this interview.
I appreciate the replay, thank you. Kinda of a relief

Reactions: Seedorf_20

Shining Moon

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 7th, 2014
Doc's Request.
August 28th, 2014
AOR Received.
October 13th,2014
File Transfer...
Sep 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in Jan,2014
Interview........
In dreams
LANDED..........
Awaiting...
Hello everyone,

I was thinking my wife was one of the lucky ones who gets this waiting game over quicker and then, we got hit. She is scheduled for oath on Nov 15th and didn't get any email. We waited for until the last 7 days to kinda expect it not coming before last/ final week before oath- as many have reported. Then I didn't see it. Called CIC early in the morning and got connected. She spoke to a guy on 8th and he told her he would forward the request. Nothing changed, did not get email on 9th, I almost started freaking out as long weekend was approaching and if we miss it they would have to reschedule it - which no one knows when they would do. We just want to get over with it. Raised the webform at the night

Tried calling CIC many times on 10th but everytime got the msg that "due to higher numbers of call, we are unable to transfer your call" so I hide my caller id and then call- guess what- got connected at first attempt! She told the same BS that all we have to do it to wait until they respond as the earlier rep has already forwarded the email for the same purpose.

Kept checking emails every 2 minutes (literally). Those two days were more stressful to me than to my wife. Lol. finally got the email from NGF office at 10 pm! (Yes time is correct). What a relief.

I apologize if my msg contributes to your anxiety. I dont mean to. We have had much sufferings when she had applied for PR. 2.5 years of grilling. But I am glad that atleast citizenship didn't cause that long. ..

Btw, it is from NGF office on 15th, and it's online. So I will update the details as it becomes available!!

Last edited:
Reactions: naten

m82akash

Nov 12, 2022
Hello! I just created a new account on canadavisa and I am trying to add my details to Citizenship tracker spreadsheet. However, I can only view the file, not edit it. Can someone please help on how to get edit permissions for the tracker file? Thanks!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello! I just created a new account on canadavisa and I am trying to add my details to Citizenship tracker spreadsheet. However, I can only view the file, not edit it. Can someone please help on how to get edit permissions for the tracker file? Thanks!
You can put your timeline in a message here and people who have access will update in the tracker.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi just wondering from those who have gone through it.

How long from 'Oath No Started' to receiving the 'Oath' Invitation does it take? As you see from my timeline; all indicators are 'Complete' with Oath still 'Not Started'.

Thanks everyone.

Kira77

Sep 4, 2022
Something Weird happened on my tracker, the last updated date was Oct 7th( the one mostly everyone got) and today it got updated to Oct 8th. It is confusing. Any insights?