+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

journeyer

May 23, 2018
My oath ceremony has been scheduled for Dec 6th. Unfortunately, I will have to request for it to be postponed as I have to travel in December and will be back only in February

Timeline below for the interested -

Nov 4, 2022 - Scheduled for Citizenship oath (Dec 6, 2022)
Nov 2, 2022 - Activity status updated: Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress.
Oct 31, 2022 - Physical presence, Prohibitions and Language skills - Completed
Aug 2, 2022 - Activity status updated: Citizenship test
Hi tozach. What is your office? The one processing your application? Thanks.

Reactions: mashcan

journeyer

May 23, 2018
I have a question if anyone has the knowledge about it:
I know physical presence, language skills are all based on documents. Background check is complete.
How do they check prohibitions? Do they request police clearance from countries the applicant has lived?
In my case, I have lived in 4 countries so far (India, Singapore, USA & Canada) is this the reason it application is taking such a long time?
As far as I know, if your BG is complete, Prohibition is just a formality. It gets approved together with PP and Language. That's just my opinion.

PhoenixRisen

Jul 13, 2022
Hi everyone,

I've just received a notification on the portal that my oath ceremony is scheduled for Dec 7th!
That was a happy surprise to receive on a Saturday!!

Physical Presence, Language Skills, and Prohibitions all completed on Nov 5th.

It was a pleasure chatting with you fellas!!
Good luck to you all!

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I've just received a notification on the portal that my oath ceremony is scheduled for Dec 7th!
That was a happy surprise to receive on a Saturday!!

Physical Presence, Language Skills, and Prohibitions all completed on Nov 5th.

It was a pleasure chatting with you fellas!!
Good luck to you all!
When I see your timeline it makes me so upset :(

* I have not been asked for fingerprints (or any other documentation/evidence) and today is 4 months since my Test was marked as 'Complete'.

Unsure what will happen from here and how long the wait will be :(

Really happy for you that you journey is finally over.

Reactions: Varsh

tbear

Aug 12, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London (BWJ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Doc's Request.
26/08/2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.5
Med's Done....
08/09/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016
Oath ceremony scheduled for Dec 8th, 14 months since application submission, finally the finish line is in sight.
This group has been a tremendous support system, wish everyone the best and hoping for quicker updates for every Oct 2021 applicants.
Congratulations, did you get the update today ?

feolu

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Finally called and found out my application is in Niagara. Is there anyone with the same office experiencing delays?

D.gupta

Dec 17, 2021
Hi Everyone, I got an update for oath ceremony. I did not get any decision made update. It straight away went to oath ceremony.

My timeline:
Application type: Single
Visa office: NS

Application filed:
Oct 23 2021
AOR: Jan 17 2022
Background verification completed: June 30 2022
Test invitation received: July 05 2022
Test taken on: July 30 2022
Citizenship Test Status Updated: August 7 2022
Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions: Completed, August 30 2022
Citizenship Ceremony: In Progress, October 10,2022
Oath taking Ceremony scheduled: November 2, 2022

Best of luck Everyone!!
Hi, Completed my Oath ceremony, feels good that the waiting game is over. I hope it will be over soon for everyone.
And thank you for providing all the information and updates.
Best of luck!

rizwan23arif

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
Hi Guys, for Online applications, we all know that we do not need to provide a scan of all the pages of the passport. I have provided the scan of the biometric pages as well as the pages with some stamps.

Should I provide the scan of all the pages of the passport before even the officer asks for it? Heard that it has been asked from many applicants.

PAB

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Hi Folks, I have suddenly received a login error saying 'Incorrect UCI'. I have not had any login issue or a need to reset password, since the Oct tracker update, as many on this forum did. It is only now that the login error is popping up for me and my partner. Any ideas as to how to go about fixing this?
p.s. its not allowing to reset as the incorrect UCI is still showing up on that page.

5Kent

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Ottawa, ON
Hi Folks, I have suddenly received a login error saying 'Incorrect UCI'. I have not had any login issue or a need to reset password, since the Oct tracker update, as many on this forum did. It is only now that the login error is popping up for me and my partner. Any ideas as to how to go about fixing this?
p.s. its not allowing to reset as the incorrect UCI is still showing up on that page.
I have the same issue every time the browser auto-fills the UCI and password for me. So, if you have a password manager linked to/autofill enabled in your browser, do a hard page refresh (delete the cache) and enter the UCI and the password manually. It works for me.

Reactions: Shining Moon

PAB

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
I have the same issue every time the browser auto-fills the UCI and password for me. So, if you have a password manager linked to/autofill enabled in your browser, do a hard page refresh (delete the cache) and enter the UCI and the password manually. It works for me.
Thank you. That didnt work and I tried on different browsers which I have not used before. Tried to reset password again and as their page now says so when trying to login post Oct 13th. New password finally worked. No changes but there is a ghost update on Oct 8th which I didnt have when I logged all of last month but is showing now.

Last edited: