+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

arrahman

Feb 20, 2019
Hello guys,

I got invited for Oath on 1st November, 2022. Is it possible to request to get an Oath date before the scheduled one if you are travelling for emergency?

And if i take the oath on 1st November, is it possible to get the Citizenship certificate within a day or two after the oath ceremony? I am travelling on 6th November due to a family emergency!

My citizenship exam came from Niagara office. will the oath be from same office location? I am just wondering after taking the oath on 1st November, can I drive to the Niagara office next day to collect the Citizenship certificate?(i heard it's possible to collect directly from the office)

Here's my timeline:

Oct 16th 2021 - File submitted online
Jan 10th 2022 - AOR
July 1st 2022 - citizenship test opened and appeared - Niagara Falls office
July 4th 2022 - test updated to complete
Aug 30th 2022 - Physical, Language and Prohibitions moved to complete
Oct 2nd 2022 - oath activity updated
Nov 1st 2022 - scheduled for oath

Thank you, and good luck to all

Last edited:

naten

Feb 20, 2018
Hello guys,

I got invited for Oath on 1st November, 2022. Is it possible to request to get an Oath date before the scheduled one if you are travelling for emergency?

And if i take the oath on 1st November, is it possible to get the Citizenship certificate within a day or two after the oath ceremony? I am travelling on 6th November due to a family emergency!

My citizenship exam came from Niagara office. will the oath be from same office location? I am just wondering after taking the oath on 1st November, can I drive to the Niagara office next day to collect the Citizenship certificate?(i heard it's possible to collect directly from the office)

Here's my timeline:

Oct 16th 2021 - File submitted online
Jan 10th 2022 - AOR
July 1st 2022 - citizenship test opened and appeared - Niagara Falls office
July 4th 2022 - test updated to complete
Aug 30th 2022 - Physical, Language and Prohibitions moved to complete
Oct 2nd 2022 - oath activity updated
Nov 1st 2022 - scheduled for oath

Thank you, and good luck to all
it is if it is in person oath, check your email.

arrahman

Feb 20, 2019
it is if it is in person oath, check your email.

It's update on tracker but no email yet. It just says "You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on November 1, 2022."

No further instructions yet. How can i know if it's online or in person? I am from Ottawa. Test emails were from Niagara Office. Thanks

naten

Feb 20, 2018
It's update on tracker but no email yet. It just says "You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on November 1, 2022."

No further instructions yet. How can i know if it's online or in person? I am from Ottawa. Test emails were from Niagara Office. Thanks
Niagara still doing virtuals as members report here but u may be in luck. However I doubt it, since u live in Ottawa and can't travel to Niagara for oath in person. For expedited certificate, unless it is urgent, they wont let u pick it up.

l_p

Nov 21, 2017
I was scheduled for my oath on the 18th of October but I will be out of the country, when I requested to be rescheduled they asked for proof of travel and then told me to email them on my return to Canada.

I've read stories of rescheduling taking anywhere between one week and four months, lets's see what happens. I travel a lot for work, so I can only hope I don't get stuck in an endless loop of rescheduling my oath.

Reactions: arrahman

arrahman

Feb 20, 2019
I was scheduled for my oath on the 18th of October but I will be out of the country, when I requested to be rescheduled they asked for proof of travel and then told me to email them on my return to Canada.

I've read stories of rescheduling taking anywhere between one week and four months, lets's see what happens. I travel a lot for work, so I can only hope I don't get stuck in an endless loop of rescheduling my oath.
how do i email them to request to reschedule oath? I haven't received any emails yet. thank you

l_p

Nov 21, 2017
how do i email them to request to reschedule oath? I haven't received any emails yet. thank you
Mine took some time before I got an email, the online portal was updated to say I was scheduled on September 21st and then I got an email on the 27th.

From what I've heard it just depends on your office, but it should come soon enough. Once they email you, you will have the email address of your office.

Reactions: arrahman

D.gupta

Dec 17, 2021
Does IRCC mail anything for the citizenship process. I am moving to a new address but don't want to update on my file as it would delay the process. Any suggestions?

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
Does IRCC mail anything for the citizenship process. I am moving to a new address but don't want to update on my file as it would delay the process. Any suggestions?
Your citizenship certificate though I suppose you could mention the new address the day of the oath

Reactions: D.gupta

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
Keep me posted bro, my wife is at the same office with. She had her BG completed in July, Test on Aug 3rd, updated on 4th and since then everything else in progress since then. I haven't had any ghost update yet. I hope your Decision is Made
I'll keep you posted. No problem. By the way, I am no Bro. I am She/Her :))

Reactions: Shining Moon

vir

Star Member
Apr 20, 2016
Hi guys, I am from Saskatchewan and applied last year for citizenship in 15 October 2021, AOR Jan 12 2022, test taken in April and all sections completed on 27 July 2022. Waiting for oath ceremony, don’t know when, it’s frustrating of waiting for an oath. Anyone have any suggestions when it comes
Thank you

Shining Moon

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 7th, 2014
Doc's Request.
August 28th, 2014
AOR Received.
October 13th,2014
File Transfer...
Sep 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in Jan,2014
Interview........
In dreams
LANDED..........
Awaiting...
I'll keep you posted. No problem. By the way, I am no Bro. I am She/Her :))
My bad. My apologies. Thank you for taking it in easy sense. I didn't want to do it intentionally. I will remember for the next time. I hope we hear the news soon!!

Reactions: saou17

Tara533

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Application type: Online
Physical presence:1118 days
Application: Single
Application sent: 2nd Oct
AOR :::20 th December
Background::June 13
Test::June27-July 18
Test completed July 21