+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

Lucky2016

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Hi everyone,

I got my test completed in July, no update since then. Everything is in progress, including the background. I called IRCC and they said I should wait. I do not know what to do. Any thoughts are appreciated.
What number and extensions you tried and what time pls. I would like to call as my application is not moving after decision made which is not common..
Thanks In advance

delsiee

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Anyone from scarborough office finished test in July 2022, received any updates? Language, prohibitions, physical presence - completed?
Aakash, Vimal and I completed our tests in July and are still waiting, office is Scarborough. I have also heard of September applicants from Scarborough waiting .So guess its going to take some time

rk2015

Star Member
Nov 10, 2015
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
XX-12-2014
Doc's Request.
XX-04-2016
AOR Received.
XX-04-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with the first set of docs
Med's Request
XX--05-2016
Med's Done....
XX-05-2016
Passport Req..
XX-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
XX-07-2016
LANDED..........
XX-01-2017
Hi everyone! Just to give all an update, we have received the email on the citizenship oath last Friday. We are excited! It’s gonna be via Zoom.

Reactions: saou17 and Varsh

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
Did you tried to email them ? Reply on same email on which you received your test invitation. They will give you update .
I did it 1 month ago and asked for urgent processing due to travelling... they replied you are in queue for the ceremony!
I sent another one last week, they replied I am in the queue for the next available ceremony that is going to be in October probably! Who knows when that is though... I haven't seen anyone in the Niagara Office to be getting oath invites within the last 2 weeks so I hope to get it soon...

Reactions: dkumar1988

Hila.sym

Apr 24, 2022
What number and extensions you tried and what time pls. I would like to call as my application is not moving after decision made which is not common..
Thanks In advance
It was around 3 pm and after entering the UCI number, there were three options, number 1 was experss entry, I chose number 2 which was something like updating information on your documents.

Reactions: Lucky2016

Dani_Ela

Jul 14, 2022
Is it normal to get a test invite before BG verification is completed? What are some good resources in addition to the book to prepare for the test?
I'd say it's normal, nothing to worry about. I got the test invite and fingerprints request on the same day, and my BG only got updated two weeks after I submitted the FP.
Now, my advice for you is to read the whole book twice. You do this and you'll be ready to pass the test. If you want you can practice using some of the mockup tests available online as this one below:
https://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

Good Luck!!

Dani_Ela

Jul 14, 2022
Hi Everyone, all the sections on my application show complete except the "Citizenship Ceremony". Its been 14 days since it shows complete, overall status says "In progress". Any idea when does it change DM?
Same for me too. The remaining sections were completed on Aug 31 (last update)
Please keep us posted if you get any updates on oath :)

Reactions: Grechy7

Dp32

Jan 25, 2019
Hey guys, I just got my oath scheduled and i am getting married 5 days before the oath. My marital status changes just before the oath. So if i report it, do they cancel my oath? Also, does this trigger a full background check process for my wife as well? Anyone with any knowledge on this, please comment.

journeyer

May 23, 2018
Hi guys,

Just want to post my timeline here

Total Physical Presence: 1133 days
Application type: Online/Single
Application sent Oct 30 2021.
Received: Oct 30 2021.
AOR: Jan 26 2022
Background check completed: Aug 15 2022.
Citizenship test request: Aug 30 2022.
Citizenship test completed: Sep 14 2022.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Hey guys, I just got my oath scheduled and i am getting married 5 days before the oath. My marital status changes just before the oath. So if i report it, do they cancel my oath? Also, does this trigger a full background check process for my wife as well? Anyone with any knowledge on this, please comment.
Congratulations on your oath!

Marital status does not really impact your eligibility for citizenship. I know the form did not ask for spouse details.

I would mention it during the oath ceremony just to be safe, and in the spirit of full disclosure. They will likely brush it off.

Your spouse's background check is not relevant to your citizenship process, so no... that's not going to happen.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Hi guys,

Just want to post my timeline here

Total Physical Presence: 1133 days
Application type: Online/Single
Application sent Oct 30 2021.
Received: Oct 30 2021.
AOR: Jan 26 2022
Background check completed: Aug 15 2022.
Citizenship test request: Aug 30 2022.
Citizenship test completed: Sep 14 2022.
Congratulations on passing the test!

May I ask what office you received your test invite from?

5Kent

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Ottawa, ON
No, the change in your marital status has nothing to do with the oath. All the details in your application were correct/truthful at the time of its submission. Do mention the change during the ceremony or call ICRC in advance to let them know. But you should not worry about this at all.

What you should be worried though is that you will soon realize that married men have no time, resources or freedom to have fun ;)