+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

Toronto321

Sep 13, 2022
I applied for canadian citizenship on August 2021. Received Cetizenship test request in April 2022. I gave my Test while I was in India. On September 2022, I get an update on my application stating that I have been invited for an interview with an official.
Does anyone has been invited for an interview who gave thier test outside Canada. What is exactly is the interview about?

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Yeah man. I know it's stressful for sure.
I read somewhere that they are backed up with students and pr application . But probably should get some update on our files by end of September.

Wish for the best.
Any updates on the fingerprints? waiting game is awful.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
I applied for canadian citizenship on August 2021. Received Cetizenship test request in April 2022. I gave my Test while I was in India. On September 2022, I get an update on my application stating that I have been invited for an interview with an official.
Does anyone has been invited for an interview who gave thier test outside Canada. What is exactly is the interview about?
Looks like certain offices are scheduling everyone who took the test while not in Canada for interviews.

5Kent

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Ottawa, ON
Check earlier messages in this thread. This has been addressed. Shortly, the interview is nothing to worry about. The officer will ask you some questions to clarify details you included in your application.

kadjajsd

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Its bee more than a month since my last status changed to background completed. I already passed my test.

Just wondering this wait time is normal?

Also, when you get the test invitation, does that mean you have already successfully passed the main application requirements such as physical presence, past history etc?

Hila.sym

Apr 24, 2022
Hi everyone,

I got my test completed in July, no update since then. Everything is in progress, including the background. I called IRCC and they said I should wait. I do not know what to do. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Last edited: