+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

Prez2015

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
AOR Received.
12-10-2017
That's good. Yeah, I'd probably do the walk-ins for urgent processing else passports could be another waiting game.

There's a passport office in North York. That's where I'm headed after receiving my cert.
passport appointments in Service Ontario's are opening up in the evenings, keep checking them in the evenings /nights, walkin's are unreliable, people have waited in serpentine lines still ended up turned away as office reached the capacity limits, I managed to get an appointment for Aug 5th , completed my oath today hoping to get certificate with in 4 weeks.

ee5267

Jun 18, 2019
Hello Folks,

I am Oct application ( family of 3, paper based ).

AOR - 31st Dec

Everything is still in progress for me.

Raised GCMS request on 25th May.

Do we have any one here, from Oct (paper based) and still waiting for test invitation.

I tried calling IRCC, but in vain.

Any suggestions ? Does webform query will help ?
I have an AOR of Dec 22 and my application is paper based too, with a family of 4, in GTA area.
I am waiting for test invite too.

Please update when you receive the invite.

vimal3134

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017
I have an AOR of Dec 22 and my application is paper based too, with a family of 4, in GTA area.
I am waiting for test invite too.

Please update when you receive the invite.
Sure, I am also based out of GTA.
Keeping fingers crossed for both of us (and others too)

TasmanianTiger

Star Member
Oct 2, 2021
passport appointments in Service Ontario's are opening up in the evenings, keep checking them in the evenings /nights, walkin's are unreliable, people have waited in serpentine lines still ended up turned away as office reached the capacity limits, I managed to get an appointment for Aug 5th , completed my oath today hoping to get certificate with in 4 weeks.
Oh wow! Thanks for that info. Yup, I'd look into the Service Ontario evening appointments as you advised. Thanks budd'.

BTW, Congrats on being fully Canadian hereon.

Last edited:
Reactions: HSCAN

fulton1712

Star Member
Jun 27, 2022
Alberta
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
08-10-2019
Hi Everyone here is my journey so far:

Application type: Paper
Physical presence: 1,162
Application: Family (2)
Application sent: October 25, 2021
Application returned: January 4, 2022 (Incorrect calculation - Physical Presence Calculator)
Application re-sent: January 17, 2022
Application received: Jan 24, 2022
AOR: March 9, 2022
Fingerprint request: May 12, 2022
BG Verification completed: June 3, 2022
Test Invitation: June 24, 2022 (Test period June 24-July 15, 2022)
Test taken: June 25, 2022 (Passed 20/20)

Awaiting another update hopefully soon. Admin please add me to the spreadsheet thanks.

HSCAN

Jul 17, 2017
Congratulations. Thank you for the suggestion for getting appointment for passport. I have also attended my oath ceremony on 27-Jun. Can we still submit canadian passport documents via purolator? I did that Last year for my kids canadian passport. I know it's very difficult to get a Services Canada appointment. Thank you.

Last edited:

TasmanianTiger

Star Member
Oct 2, 2021
Congratulations. Thank you for the suggestion for getting appointment for passport. I have also attended my oath ceremony on 27-Jun. Can we still submit canadian passport documents via purolator? I did that Last year for my kids canadian passport. I know it's very difficult to get a Services Canada appointment. Thank you.
Yes, you can still send it in by mail but it might take 9 weeks to process.

I got an appointment for 29th July and booked it anyways, and if my cert isn't at hand by then, I can always reschedule and book a new appointment.

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
Hello everyone,
My tracker page was updated on 23rd of this month and it is waiting on me to take the test between 15th of July and 4th August, but I have not received any email so far. Do I need to wait to receive the email? Can I take the test without any email?
My application status says I’ve been scheduled for an online test. Why haven’t I received an invitation?
This means we have scheduled your test and that the invitation is on its way to you. You must wait until you receive the invitation before you can take the test.
If you haven’t received your invitation by the “start date” in the citizenship application tracker, send an email to IRCC.CitOnlineTest-TestenligneCit.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. In your email, include

Anas_M88

Oct 12, 2021
I took the test earlier this morning, it was fairly easy got 19/20 and bear in mind I have trouble memorizing names. Just a heads up, I used Safari on an iPad it takes a while to get a decent shot of the PR card and face shot centered. I will update you once it is marked completed on the tracked

Last edited:

as_ok

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
I took the test earlier this morning, it was fairly easy got 19/20 and bear in mind I have trouble memorizing names. Just a heads up, I used Safari on an iPad it takes a while to get a decent shot of the PR card and face shot centered. I will update you once it is marked completed on the tracked
How about years?

Reactions: Anas_M88

Prez2015

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
AOR Received.
12-10-2017
I believe we need Citizenship certificate to apply for passport, It was mentioned in the oath ceremony emails that apply for passport only when citizenship certificate is received

Reactions: HSCAN

Prez2015

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
AOR Received.
12-10-2017
Yes, you can still send it in by mail but it might take 9 weeks to process.

I got an appointment for 29th July and booked it anyways, and if my cert isn't at hand by then, I can always reschedule and book a new appointment.
Thanks, All the best for your
Oh wow! Thanks for that info. Yup, I'd look into the Service Ontario evening appointments as you advised. Thanks budd'.

BTW, Congrats on being fully Canadian hereon.
Thanks, all the best for yours!! now wait starts for passport!!

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
Thank you, and congrats for completing the test. It's an important milestone in the citizenship journey.