+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

Mahesh542

Jun 18, 2022
Hello Mafriend, I am in the same boat as you. I moved to a different province and I have sent a web form to see if I can update my address but something tells me that will not do the trick. Would you please let me know if you called the IRCC? if yes, what did they say? how can we update our home address? Thanks!
I got the Oath Ceremony invite email today, in that it is mentioned during the oath process we will have to register ourselves during that meeting and they will confirm our address, so we will get a chance to update the current address on the day itself.

Mahesh542

Jun 18, 2022
Oath Invite will sent in email not via post but you might get the citizenship certificate in post but if you have requested for the address change , you should be able to check the address in ecas link if it reflects the current address or old one
The ECAS portal doesn't work for me, I tried all the options but still not able to identify my application. I believe the ECAS portal works only for the paper based application.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All; I logged into check my status today and was surprised to see that it states that I have to take my test between 24 June and 14 July. The thing is I have not received any Email (checked my Junk/Spam folder as well).

My question: Do I have to do anything? Or do I wait for an 'Email invitation' and just reply to that? Thanks to all who respond.

PS - unlike some other applicants I did not receive a 'Ghost Email'. Unsure if that means anything. Also do I have to keep checking my Email to see when this 'Online' test invitation comes? Hope it gives us at least a few days notice.

AliSandhu

Jan 24, 2021
Hello everyone,
My wife is requested to submit her address history after six months of getting AOR. Is there any person who went through this process? Please advise. Thanks.

CanEuro

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Hi All; I logged into check my status today and was surprised to see that it states that I have to take my test between 24 June and 14 July. The thing is I have not received any Email (checked my Junk/Spam folder as well).

My question: Do I have to do anything? Or do I wait for an 'Email invitation' and just reply to that? Thanks to all who respond.

PS - unlike some other applicants I did not receive a 'Ghost Email'. Unsure if that means anything. Also do I have to keep checking my Email to see when this 'Online' test invitation comes? Hope it gives us at least a few days notice.
Call ircc and they will send you email right away

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Application type: Online
Processing Office: Scarborough
Physical presence: 1109 days
Application: Single
Application sent: Oct 1st, 2021
Application received: Oct 1st, 2021
AOR: Dec 17th, 2021
In Progress: Dec 20th, 2021
Ghost Update 1: June 6th
Ghost Update 2: June 8th
Test Invite received: June 10th (to be taken between June 17th to July 7th) - Update: Email with Test details received June 16th
Fingerprint Request: June 15th (says an email was sent but no email received yet) - Update: Email Received June 15th.
Fingerprint Submitted: June 17th
Test Taken/Written: June 17th (Passed Online - Temporary Results)
Test Updated to Completed: June 21st

sam2018

May 23, 2018
Thank you for the feedback.

Any idea what number I should call to check on this issue.
Hi Everyone,

Just thought to share my experience with the test.

Online status indicated that my test window is between June 10th and 30th. I never received the email. Tried the call center and the web form, no response. Eventually, I email technical support and got feedback in 2 hours with the exam link and was done same day.

Here is the email if anyone needs it or if you find yourself in my shoes:
IRCC.CitOnlineTest-TestenligneCit.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Make sure in the subject line to mention your name (per applicaiton), UCI, APP No and DOB

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Hello Mafriend, I am in the same boat as you. I moved to a different province and I have sent a web form to see if I can update my address but something tells me that will not do the trick. Would you please let me know if you called the IRCC? if yes, what did they say? how can we update our home address? Thanks!
When moving within Canada, you update your address using an online service, not by webform. The webform is for those moving to the United States.

See link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/change-address.html

Emad85

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Application type: Online
Processing Office: Scarborough
Physical presence: 1109 days
Application: Single
Application sent: Oct 1st, 2021
Application received: Oct 1st, 2021
AOR: Dec 17th, 2021
In Progress: Dec 20th, 2021
Ghost Update 1: June 6th
Ghost Update 2: June 8th
Test Invite received: June 10th (to be taken between June 17th to July 7th) - Update: Email with Test details received June 16th
Fingerprint Request: June 15th (says an email was sent but no email received yet) - Update: Email Received June 15th.
Fingerprint Submitted: June 17th
Test Taken/Written: June 17th (Passed Online - Temporary Results)
Test Updated to Completed: June 21st
Congrats
could you share how you prepare for the exam

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto