+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

koukie

May 4, 2022
Shocked but not surprised.
This estimation is for Fiscal year 2021-2022 which is from April 1st 2021 to March 31st 2022. E-Application started from early 2021, as a pilot use case they wanted to make 5,000 decisions from October - March 2022. Which makes sense, but, they did not mention anywhere that, Fiscal year 2022-2023 will follow the pilot decision making threshold. I believe, they have added more intake capability for e-application as on the graph they are projecting the number of E-application will increase significantly from infinite cap which means from this summer everyone will be able to apply online.

I am october applicant, nothing happened after receiving AOR in January. But, we don't have much option other than waiting.

Reactions: saou17 and inq_54

pedromw

Dec 20, 2021
This estimation is for Fiscal year 2021-2022 which is from April 1st 2021 to March 31st 2022. E-Application started from early 2021, as a pilot use case they wanted to make 5,000 decisions from October - March 2022. Which makes sense, but, they did not mention anywhere that, Fiscal year 2022-2023 will follow the pilot decision making threshold. I believe, they have added more intake capability for e-application as on the graph they are projecting the number of E-application will increase significantly from infinite cap which means from this summer everyone will be able to apply online.

I am october applicant, nothing happened after receiving AOR in January. But, we don't have much option other than waiting.
It's clearly mentioned that they could issue more than 5K decisions for e-applications but they did not want to which is unfair, weird and unacceptable behavior and not okay for a country who claims equality between peoples. We are PR we pay our taxes we were living here for years and it should not be any sort of privilege between paper and online applications. What make sence is to treat applications with equality based on first come first served basis no matter what's the type of the application paper or online. Of course there are applications that require more work and effort and involve a long time to clear and we are conscious of that. But taking de decision to intentionally force online applicants to wait because this philosophy that I don't know who is the genius person behind it has no reasons to exist in first place. How many peoples were ready to change their mind and apply on paper if they knew this weird decision was taken ? How many peoples gonna now apply on paper once they know that there is a clear intention to not issue decisions on e-applications even if they are 100% ready ? It's already starting to do the tour everywhere in the internet and I'm not sure if the transition to online application as IRCC wanted gonna happen now as everybody want to keep applying on paper !!
I hope that they gonna do something for next FY and put reasonable target for online applicants and once again I'm happy to see paper applications to get decisions before me if they are older than me. I have no problems on that but leaving my applications with dozens of thousands of others just because we wanted to apply online and participate in this transition that is good for the environment and also for the workers is absolutely not fear.
I still believe that somebody in IRCC gonna have enough common sense and do something for the next FY target for online applicants.

Last edited:

Dhruv84

May 15, 2022
How long did it take for your gcms notes to arrive?

I requested mine in April and got an email with the temporary request tracking number. The email said they'll send the new number once request is registered. This has yet to happen even after 40 days.
40 days, depends on the officer and the processing office.

Last edited:

rk2015

Star Member
Nov 10, 2015
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
XX-12-2014
Doc's Request.
XX-04-2016
AOR Received.
XX-04-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with the first set of docs
Med's Request
XX--05-2016
Med's Done....
XX-05-2016
Passport Req..
XX-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
XX-07-2016
LANDED..........
XX-01-2017

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats! What’s your timeline?
App Sent. - 4th October, Received - 15th October, AOR - 4th Jan, Test Request - 5th April, FP Request - 12th April, Test done - April 27th, FP Received - 2nd May, BG Completed - 3rd May, Prohibitions, Language, Presence - 31st May, eCAS Decision Made - 31st May

My wife has almost same timeline with no FP Request and BG Completed - 4th February

Daughter (5yrs) is on In Process stage.

CanEuro

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Why has in person oath ceremony not started yet when mask mandate and social Distancing have been lifted?

sam2018

May 23, 2018
Hi everyone,

Question, since applying and when I check online, the top right corner where it shows "Updated" date never changed until today. I checked weekly and the date was always December 20th 2021m and today it changed to June 1st 2022. Does this mean anything, perhaps someone is finally checking my file.

Appreciate any feedback.