+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

TasmanianTiger

Star Member
Oct 2, 2021
When will be get the citizenship test invitation email, status is changed online but yet to get email
this is the status in the online tracker
Take the citizenship test
Citizenship test
New update
Waiting on you
You have been scheduled to take the citizenship test online. Read the invitation you will receive carefully.
  • You need to take your online citizenship test between April 4, 2022 and April 24, 2022.
  • Contact the office that sent the invitation if you
    • can’t or don’t want to do the test online
    • need to reschedule
    • have any questions
But no emails yet.
Same here

Reactions: Prez2015

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
and Citizenship certificate - 17 months

Not very good. For that long wait (27 months) the passport can expire and not everyone can re-new, considering what's going on in East Europe.
Citizenship certificate processing time has nothing to do with citizenship applications; that is for people who were already citizens and are applying to get a new citizenship certificate because it might be lost or whatever!

Reactions: TasmanianTiger

5Kent

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Ottawa, ON
Nope, I think 27 months is the new reality. Canada is now working actively to bring Ukrainian refugees in, and the current government has invested a lot of political capital in this. So, that effort will take a lot of manpower on the IRCC part, and everyone else will have to wait, I guess.

Prez2015

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
AOR Received.
12-10-2017
My citizenship status is "Awaiting Citizenship test invite", Status got changed on 31st Mar expecting email invitation.
As per Citizenship tracker ,next stages are
Test Invite letter/ecas date -> Test Interview date -> Decision Made date ecas estimate -> Oath Letter Date -> Oath Ceremony
Again from the citizenship tracker, these stages shouldn't take more than 140 days

Quick question:
My PR card will be expiring on Dec 2022.

Current processing time for citizenship grant is 27 months, I don't want to be in limbo without valid PR card and without Canadian citizenship restricting my travel outside the country, should I be parallelly working on PR card renewal? which again is about 120 days as of date, any thoughts ?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
My citizenship status is "Awaiting Citizenship test invite", Status got changed on 31st Mar expecting email invitation.
As per Citizenship tracker ,next stages are
Test Invite letter/ecas date -> Test Interview date -> Decision Made date ecas estimate -> Oath Letter Date -> Oath Ceremony
Again from the citizenship tracker, these stages shouldn't take more than 140 days

Quick question:
My PR card will be expiring on Dec 2022.

Current processing time for citizenship grant is 27 months, I don't want to be in limbo without valid PR card and without Canadian citizenship restricting my travel outside the country, should I be parallelly working on PR card renewal? which again is about 120 days as of date, any thoughts ?
If I were in your shoes I'd apply for a new PR card. Based on the expiry date you gave, I believe you are eligible to apply as of May 1st 2022 (conservative estimate).

Reactions: Prez2015

Egyptian bird

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Application processing time updated on IRCC website. It’s now 27 months for citizenship grant up from 12!!

we are in for a long haul: (
According to the CIC website, the posted processing times are historical, meaning they’re measured based on how long it took to process 80% of applications in the past. To me this makes sense as many people who applied in the second half of 2019 and during 2020 took them around 27 months to get their citizenship, now I see improvement in processing times but it will take a while until it becomes a new norm and be posted on CIC website.

Reactions: dj0 and Madeline01

NAAJ

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-12-2014
Med's Request
13-01-2015
Med's Done....
25-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-01-2015
According to the CIC website, the posted processing times are historical, meaning they’re measured based on how long it took to process 80% of applications in the past. To me this makes sense as many people who applied in the second half of 2019 and during 2020 took them around 27 months to get their citizenship, now I see improvement in processing times but it will take a while until it becomes a new norm and be posted on CIC website.
Make sense… hope we see a new norm for October 2021 applicants… less than 12 months for citizenship grant!

Reactions: Egyptian bird

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
Nope, I think 27 months is the new reality. Canada is now working actively to bring Ukrainian refugees in, and the current government has invested a lot of political capital in this. So, that effort will take a lot of manpower on the IRCC part, and everyone else will have to wait, I guess.
since years ago, IRCC has always an excuse, Syria, Afghanistan, now Ukraine, they forgot Covid,,,,

shahvishal679

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Application type: Online
Physical presence:1320 days
Application: Single
Application sent: Oct 10th, 2021
AOR: 5th January, 2022
Updated : 6th January, 2022

No update since then
Same boat no update, applied Oct 10 2021, AOR 5th Jan