Med's Request
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
04-06-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2017
You WILL need your current passport if you are invited for an interview with the IRCC.
on my case i received already the new passport, how am i going to update IRCC with a pending application? i emailed them and received an Auto-reply onyl.
do you know whats the process? tia

5Kent

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Ottawa, ON
on my case i received already the new passport, how am i going to update IRCC with a pending application? i emailed them and received an Auto-reply onyl.
do you know whats the process? tia
Unfortunately, I don't know what the process looks like. The best thing to do is to call them and ask.

Reactions: b00li

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
Has anyone seen any updates on their file for AOR received around 17-Jan? I received AOR on 17-Jan and the background checks are still in progress with no other updates since.

Reactions: UM TOMI

b00li

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
SG VO
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
04-06-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2017
Has anyone seen any updates on their file for AOR received around 17-Jan? I received AOR on 17-Jan and the background checks are still in progress with no other updates since.
mine is AOR JAN17, BG check for me coompleted 2 weeks ago, but for my wife and daughter no udpates (in progress still)

Mohit_ind

Dec 18, 2015
I just sent in January and waiting for aor but seeing so many post regarding minors id proof just want to confirm with u that I have submitted school record pr card copy and health card without photo will it work ? Ur answer highly appreciated
Hi, to my best knowledge school records and health card without photo should work.

purplesky

Sep 5, 2021
BC
I have applied for Citizenship application from BC in Oct 2021. Just wanted to know your thoughts on changing province. If I change province while application is "In progress", will that affect citizenship process timelines like should we expect delays due to the change? I know we have to update address with them but is there anything else we need to do? I see many discussions about this topic in this forum but are mostly old threads or related to PR application. I wanted to know how things are recently. Appreciate any thoughts or pointers to recent discussions. thanks

as_ok

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
I have applied for Citizenship application from BC in Oct 2021. Just wanted to know your thoughts on changing province. If I change province while application is "In progress", will that affect citizenship process timelines like should we expect delays due to the change? I know we have to update address with them but is there anything else we need to do? I see many discussions about this topic in this forum but are mostly old threads or related to PR application. I wanted to know how things are recently. Appreciate any thoughts or pointers to recent discussions. thanks
I changed the province from BC to ON and have called them to update my address. What I see here is, our online applications are still at CPC Sydney waiting to be processed. I feel it's ok to be updated and won't hamper the processing times.

Last edited:
Reactions: purplesky

erik_oliveira

Feb 15, 2022
Hi everyone.
I received the AOR for my application on Jan 31, and along with it an email asking me to respond why there was a 30 days gap between my 2 passports.
I responded right away following the instructions, and explained why and that I didn't leave the country at that time, but the application status still just shows "waiting on you".
Does anyone know if this is normal, or if maybe there's another way to respond with these additional informations?
The email did say that I should reply to it with the explanation.

Thank you!

Shining Moon

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 7th, 2014
Doc's Request.
August 28th, 2014
AOR Received.
October 13th,2014
File Transfer...
Sep 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in Jan,2014
Interview........
In dreams
LANDED..........
Awaiting...
Hi everyone.
I received the AOR for my application on Jan 31, and along with it an email asking me to respond why there was a 30 days gap between my 2 passports.
I responded right away following the instructions, and explained why and that I didn't leave the country at that time, but the application status still just shows "waiting on you".
Does anyone know if this is normal, or if maybe there's another way to respond with these additional informations?
The email did say that I should reply to it with the explanation.

Thank you!

I am not sure if it was Oct or Nov thread but someone applied with expired passport and still got AOR. So I believe they explained it WITH their application and the visa officer should have accepted the expired passport and reason for it. It is exceptionally painful to deal with these issues but there is nothing can be done about it. However, in your case, I believe they accepted your file and just needed the explanation that you already provided. Your explanation should have been attached to the file but until visa officer actually access your file your status will be the same. I hope you will see the 'normal' course of actions with normal timeline in processing.

Reactions: erik_oliveira

shahvishal679

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hi Everyone I submitted my citizenship application online on Oct. 11th. Received AOR(email with UCI and Application Number). After that no update. Wondering anyone received any other update?

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Hi Everyone I submitted my citizenship application online on Oct. 11th. Received AOR(email with UCI and Application Number). After that no update. Wondering anyone received any other update?
The day you submitted I received my AOR , nothing since then ... :D o_O :p :p :p :p

b00li

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
SG VO
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
04-06-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2017
Reactions: dinh3phan

Sammy3

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
You WILL need your current passport if you are invited for an interview with the IRCC.
Thanks for your response.
Does it matter if its expired? I am planning to get it renewed soon but just in case if my test comes before that, will they ask why I never renewed?

Reactions: 5Kent