+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

elds29

Mar 1, 2019
Hi guys, on October 6, 2022, the IRCC website was updated to say that I have been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on November 10, 2022. However, I have not received the invitation by email with further information. Did the same happen to anyone else? or did you receive the invitation by email immediately after the website update?

Reactions: Varsh

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi guys, on October 6, 2022, the IRCC website was updated to say that I have been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on November 10, 2022. However, I have not received the invitation by email with further information. Did the same happen to anyone else? or did you receive the invitation by email immediately after the website update?
You should receive the email a week before your ceremony. Some even receive it 2-3 days before the ceremony. In case you don't receive it a week before your ceremony, you can give a call to IRCC.

Reactions: elds29

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Hello forum members. I hope you are well. I am basically September 2021 Online Applicant. I submitted on September 27, 2021, which makes me technically October applicant (because of september end). The processing office is Scarborough. As you can check my signature, background check is still in progress. If anyone has similar experience or with any kind of suggestions, please share your views.

Regards

TheFamily

Jun 29, 2022
Hi everyone,
On october 15th the Citizenship ceremony has been updated to in progress but with no ceremony date, is that normal ? if it's the case how much time should I wait until a date is scheduled ?
Thank you

kadjajsd

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Hello when I got my finger test request, the document said to send results to IRCC Vancouver. Does that mean Vancouver is my actual immigration office?

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Online applicant

AOR: 14 December 2021
Background check complete: 12 June 2022
Citizenship Test Request: 16 June 2022
Test complete: 27 June 2022
Language, Physical and Prohibition: Completed on 23 August 2022
Oath Ceremony: 17th October 2022
Oath office: Winnipeg MB

Tracker: No update yet
Asked the citizenship certificate to be expedited, also provided proof of urgent travel. Not sure if it will be as the clerk did not give a positive answer.

Any other oct 17th Oath people here? :)

hpatel08

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018
Online applicant

AOR: 14 December 2021
Background check complete: 12 June 2022
Citizenship Test Request: 16 June 2022
Test complete: 27 June 2022
Language, Physical and Prohibition: Completed on 23 August 2022
Oath Ceremony: 17th October 2022
Oath office: Winnipeg MB

Tracker: No update yet
Asked the citizenship certificate to be expedited, also provided proof of urgent travel. Not sure if it will be as the clerk did not give a positive answer.

Any other oct 17th Oath people here? :)
I had my Oath on same day, but I couldn't able to login through new portal update as I tried to get the code for password reset multiple times but never got it.

• Wow
Reactions: Shining Moon

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Hello forum members. I hope you are well. I am basically September 2021 Online Applicant. I submitted on September 27, 2021, which makes me technically October applicant (because of september end). The processing office is Scarborough. As you can check my signature, background check is still in progress. If anyone has similar experience or with any kind of suggestions, please share your views.

Regards
Hello, please reply if possible.

Kind Regards

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Hello, please reply if possible.

Kind Regards
You can try writing to the SCR office (if you know for sure your application is with them).

Over the past month and half or so, the focus has clearly shifted from paper to clearing backlogged paper as well as online applications. Based on other posts, it appears Winnipeg and Niagara Falls offices are especially deignated for these but it's hard to tell for sure (probably explains why no oath for new applicants has happened in Winnipeg recently).

It's possible suddenly you might get all the other steps done and get a DM (since you've done the test already). But no harm in writing to them.

If I were you - assuming you didn't submit your passport scan (all pages) with your original application - I'd send that even before they ask. If you have any travel history to the US during the eligibilit yperiod, you could include the US CBP I-94/travel history along with that. Again it's perfectly ok to wait for them to ask for these and then said, but this is the next logical step.

Reactions: ROCK ON

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
You can try writing to the SCR office (if you know for sure your application is with them).

Over the past month and half or so, the focus has clearly shifted from paper to clearing backlogged paper as well as online applications. Based on other posts, it appears Winnipeg and Niagara Falls offices are especially deignated for these but it's hard to tell for sure (probably explains why no oath for new applicants has happened in Winnipeg recently).

It's possible suddenly you might get all the other steps done and get a DM (since you've done the test already). But no harm in writing to them.

If I were you - assuming you didn't submit your passport scan (all pages) with your original application - I'd send that even before they ask. If you have any travel history to the US during the eligibilit yperiod, you could include the US CBP I-94/travel history along with that. Again it's perfectly ok to wait for them to ask for these and then said, but this is the next logical step.
Thank you for the reply. I submitted all pages of passport. And I have never been to US. I got ATIP notes, and Scarborough Office is mentioned in the notes.