+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

aakash4287

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
My tracker updated to Oath Ceremony scheduled on Oct 25.
Office: Scarborough

Online submission -Oct 21, 2021
AOR - Jan 13, 2022
Background verification completed - June 28, 2022
Scheduled for Citizenship test - June 30, 2022 for (July 22-Aug 12)
Citizenship test completed - July 22, 2022
Test updated- July 25, 2022
Prohibition, Physical Presence & Language Skills completed - Sept 20, 2022
Oath ceremony in progress - Sep 21, 2022
Oath ceremony scheduled - Oct 25, 2022
Wow that is great news delsiee.
Congratulations.
Mine is still stuck at the same place. Hopefully soon.
@vimal3134 do you have your status changed?

Reactions: Grechy7 and delsiee

koukie

May 4, 2022
Anyone has any idea how long it usually takes to get OATH invite from Montreal office ?
I called IRCC and they said, it usually takes 1 to 16 weeks to get OATH invite after everything is done / decision is made. But, everything depends on local office and their queue.

Reactions: saou17

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
If this may interest anyone, a friend who had travel plans due to work, while in her citizenship ceremony triage with the administrative clerk, explained the situation and showed proof of such plans, therefore, she was able to have the citizenship certificate expedited to her instead of the 2-6 weeks waiting time. If you face, HONESTLY, such urgency, try to communicate that during your private time with the clerk.
When is she expecting to get the certificate? Was it sent by UPS/DHL/FEDEX? Or was she told to pick it up in person.

I am in same situation.

l_p

Nov 21, 2017
Two days ago the tracker updated to say I have been scheduled for a citizenship ceremony but I haven't received an email yet with any information.

How long did it take everyone else to get the letter emailed from the local office?

Varsh

Dec 14, 2016
any updates on fingerprint for CPC Sydney! did you call them?
I called them today, they said it is still in progress and can take up to 6 months to update on file. Weirdly she said my file is in vancouver office but in my fingerprint request they asked to send result to Sydney office. Not sure what's going on but I will wait for another 15 days and call them again.
She mentioned to submit webform with receipts if I want.
This is greatly confusing for me.

• Wow
Reactions: Wacky1.nash

Kira77

Sep 4, 2022
Two days ago the tracker updated to say I have been scheduled for a citizenship ceremony but I haven't received an email yet with any information.

How long did it take everyone else to get the letter emailed from the local office?
AOR? and test timelines?

couture

Sep 21, 2018
Just wanted to post that I applied in October, and completed my virtual oath a week ago through the Saskatchewan office. Online application, pretty straightforward.

Reactions: Varsh

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
I called them today, they said it is still in progress and can take up to 6 months to update on file. Weirdly she said my file is in vancouver office but in my fingerprint request they asked to send result to Sydney office. Not sure what's going on but I will wait for another 15 days and call them again.
oh wow…6 months…I replied to the email from where I received the fingerprints and also, submitted webform as well with receipts/request letter.CPC Sydney is really slow, I wish we should have received fingerprint request from Vancouver office, they are pretty fast in updating fingerprints.

I still haven’t received the test invite.. It’s jut a waiting game.

Reactions: Varsh

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
Scarborough said 3 to 4 month in email reply to you but you get oath invitation 3 weeks later after DM =)
Yes, I guess that was their standard response. If they told me 3 weeks but then things got delayed how would it look like? So I can understand them, it's always better to exaggerate.
Even according to their website citizenship grant takes 26 months but in reality it's a lot less, for the majority of applicants.

The N

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
India
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
AOR Received.
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
25-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-07-2017
Type: Citizenship Grant - Paper Application (Mailed)
Recent Update:

Office: Scarborough
Type: Citizenship Grant - Paper Application (Mailed)
Physical Presence: 1308 days
Application type.: Family
Applicant Location: Toronto, ON
Sent: October 20, 2021
Delivered: October 21, 2021
AOR: January 17, 2022
ECAS: In Progress (January 18, 2022)
Background Verification: Completed (February 09, 2022)
Scheduled for Citizenship test -August 26, 2022
Citizenship test - September 14, 2022
Citizenship test status - Completed (September 16, 2022)

Rest all pending

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
6 months?!!! That's ridiculous, especially considering the RCMP checks are valid for only 1 year (in some places, I have read only 6 months).

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Hi all,

I am asking for a friend. How long will it take to receive the Oath invitation if everything else is marked complete as of 9-23-2022. Scarborough office.

Enjoy your Sunday.