+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

Apr 24, 2016
Fingerprints request: July 11 (received email July 13th)
Fingerprints submitted: July 16

Logged in to tracker July 19th:
Citizenship test status - not started
Test Date: July 22nd to August 11th

Logged in to tracker today:
Citizenship test status changed to in progress - July 8
Test Date: July 29th to August 18th

No ghost emails
Test taken: Aug 7th

Logged in today
Test Completed: August 8th (tracker date)
Citizenship ceremony not started
Everything else in progress

kenjia01

Star Member
Nov 5, 2017
Application type: Online
Physical presence: 1111 days
Application: Single
Application sent: Oct 1st, 2021
Application received: Oct 1st, 2021
AOR: Dec 21, 2021
In process: Jan 5, 2022
Test Invite received: June 17
Test complete: June 24 (not July 24 per spreadsheet!)
FP requested: July 5
FP submitted: July 15
FP received: Aug 9
Background check completed: Aug 10

Seedorf_20

Jun 1, 2022
Sharing an update, found a ghost update as of Aug 5th but no changes on any status.
Hello everyone, got an email today requesting Passport copy of all pages although I have submitted all colored copies of all pages when first initiated the application, anyone experienced this before? Nothing requested for my wife or kids though.

koukie

May 4, 2022
Test Given on July 24th
Test Status Completed 26th

Since then got 2 Ghost update, August 3rd and 12th.

Background is complete, all others are in progress.

Can anyone tell, what could be the reason of those ghost updates ?

Reactions: siju22

Tara533

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hello everyone, got an email today requesting Passport copy of all pages although I have submitted all colored copies of all pages when first initiated the application, anyone experienced this before? Nothing requested for my wife or kids though.
My husband got same email
We sent all passports all pages

Reactions: Seedorf_20

dinh3phan

Nov 14, 2017
FP requested: Apr 25 for Spouse, went to Local Police on Apr 26 :)
Test invitation: May 09, 2022. Test date May 12 to June. Took on May 12.
About test practice:
- http://www.thecanadiantest.com/citizenship-test/ : not up to date, seemed more difficult, not so accurate but has a lot of question to practice.
- https://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship: thanks to someone in the forum, less question, also easier, seemed to be closer to the real test.
Everything was completed on August 10th, except for the Citizenship Ceremony.
Finger cross!

Reactions: manmoi31

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Everything was completed on August 10th, except for the Citizenship Ceremony.
Finger cross!
Congratulations:) were the request for fingerprints came from CPC Sydney or Vancouver office? how long does it take to get BG completed after submitting fingerprints?

Thanks

Seedorf_20

Jun 1, 2022
My husband got same email
We sent all passports all pages
Thank you very much for your response, I am going to resend again today, just wondering what might have been wrong as I sent the same pages when I sent the application , I hope your application is complete now or to be soon.

naz-y

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Most people from Oct, Nov, and Dec groups have done their ceremony, but my file hasn't been touched. I really like to know what the officer responsible for my file is doing?!! :mad: There is no point in calling them, I know I have to be patient and wait, but the wait is driving me crazy. 10 months since I applied and nothing yet :confused: I Just wanted to share my frustration as I'm sure there are still many people in this situation.

Reactions: 5Kent

FSTDB

Mar 6, 2019
Also, for the kind person who is tracking and editing the info in the Google Sheets,
Here are my missing data points:
  • App type: Single
  • Applied Online
  • App Delivered: Oct 24th 2021
  • In process ecas: Feb 2nd 2022
I am getting a bit stressed! I submitted my online application on October 6th, 2021. Got my AOR on January 4th, 2022. Since then, did not hear anything. HOWEVER, when I try to log onto ECAS, it keeps saying it can't find my application! Should I be worried??

FSTDB

Mar 6, 2019
Most people from Oct, Nov, and Dec groups have done their ceremony, but my file hasn't been touched. I really like to know what the officer responsible for my file is doing?!! :mad: There is no point in calling them, I know I have to be patient and wait, but the wait is driving me crazy. 10 months since I applied and nothing yet :confused: I Just wanted to share my frustration as I'm sure there are still many people in this situation.
SAME!

Are you able to log in onto ECAS and find application there? For me, it is showing it can't find it. I am October applicant, nothing since AOR on January 2nd.

dinh3phan

Nov 14, 2017
Congratulations:) were the request for fingerprints came from CPC Sydney or Vancouver office? how long does it take to get BG completed after submitting fingerprints?

Thanks
It was from Sydney. The BG was updated as soon as they acknowledged of receiving the Fp. That was 3 days after the test results had been updated.

Reactions: siju22 and manmoi31