+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2020 OUTLAND Spousal Sponsorship

trancemist

Aug 25, 2020
Category........
FAM
We finally have the PR card in hand. This is a brief description for anyone else who may be in a similar situation, contemplating a "soft landing" from the US.

COPR arrived in September of 2021.

We currently live in the US and aren't yet ready to move.
We decided to do a "soft landing" since the COPR would expire now (April 2022) based on the date of the medical exam.

In early December we booked a flight to Buffalo (BUF) and soft landed at the Queenston-Lewiston Bridge border. We chose this route because flying in to YYZ, YYC or YVR was several times more than the $200 we paid for the flight to BUF. (YUL was not an option as we are not settling in Quebec and although this would technically be allowed, having lived in Montreal I knew how pedantic they could be about this)

We rented a car and drove to the border. Literally 44 minutes after arriving at the gate and explaining what we were there for we were out and done having processed all of the paperwork inside. (I was prepared to wait several hours) We explained that we were doing a "soft landing" (not yet moving, no goods to declare) and gave them a relative's address in ON to send the PR card.

We spent the weekend in ON and returned home a couple of days later.

Today the PR card arrived, forwarded by the relative. We can now plan a move on our own timetable not being squeezed by the expiration date on the COPR.

I realize that our case was relatively simple, living in the US (not on a Visa). But soft landings are possible when necessary.

a21

Jun 18, 2019
Hello,
My husband has received passport request letter. We need assistance with the process of sending the package to Visa Application centre New York. It was Outland sponsorship. He lives in US.
The process to send the package is bit complicated. It has to go though VFS global as per the the letter.

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/can/

If anyone has sent the package recently in US. Please advise the steps in the process of sending the packageand how long the process takes.

The letter indicates that they need the passport within 30 days. Is it 30 business days or 30 days including holidays?

Please assist if anyone is familiar with this process.
Thanks!

Figo4019

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
21-09-2020
AOR Received.
14-04-2021
File Transfer...
07-10-2021
Med's Request
07-10-2021
Med's Done....
28-10-2021
Passport Req..
28-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2022
LANDED..........
15-08-2022
Hello,
My husband has received passport request letter. We need assistance with the process of sending the package to Visa Application centre New York. It was Outland sponsorship. He lives in US.
The process to send the package is bit complicated. It has to go though VFS global as per the the letter.

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/can/

If anyone has sent the package recently in US. Please advise the steps in the process of sending the packageand how long the process takes.

The letter indicates that they need the passport within 30 days. Is it 30 business days or 30 days including holidays?

Please assist if anyone is familiar with this process.
Thanks!
congrats

khalimanda

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
Hello Everyone, I wanna know if there is any service to prepare myself and authenticate my diploma to be accepted in Canada before I leave my country. Thank you

Reactions: Sharma13

Meangu

Dec 29, 2019
Hello everyone, my husband received PPR today after 1 year, 11 months. The wait has been really long but finally it’s hear

Date submitted : October 05, 2020
AOR: December 14, 2021
Biometrics : February 24, 2022
Medicals passed : March 28, 2022
Pre-arrival services letter : June 14, 2022
ADR, Schedule A-IMM 5669 : June 16, 2022
ADR submitted on same day
PPR : September 01, 2022
Visa office : Dakar, Senegal

I hope this encourages anyone who is still waiting