+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2020 OUTLAND Spousal Sponsorship

jclarke99

May 10, 2020
Anyone run into this? Both the sponsor and applicant are residing outside of Canada. We're being requested to provide further evidence that the sponsor is really intending to move back to Canada. Its a Catch 22 situation. Not ready to commit to renting or purchasing property in Canada until we get the thumbs up on the PR, but seems like this kind of commitment is expected up front.

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
Anyone run into this? Both the sponsor and applicant are residing outside of Canada. We're being requested to provide further evidence that the sponsor is really intending to move back to Canada. Its a Catch 22 situation. Not ready to commit to renting or purchasing property in Canada until we get the thumbs up on the PR, but seems like this kind of commitment is expected up front.
this is pretty common when the sponsor is living outside canada
try to show the officer that ur ready to leaving ur current country of residence like selling stuff, closing bank accounts
and try to explain ur plans once u reach canada, like schooling for kids (if u have any), house searches, job searches...

Jambuet2021

Apr 10, 2021
Hi guys..........could anyone tell me at what stage the file is transferred to the local visa office and what is the role of local visa office in further processing of the application ? In my case AOR1, SA, Biometrics, Medical Passed, RPRF requested & paid all done and then got the mail from local visa office that they have received my file. I think this is AOR2................

kalpanaT

Aug 18, 2021
I got prearrival in June but i didn't receive any notification regarding application move to any VO
Yes...Me too never received any update regrading file moving to any other visa office.. Did you got any mail for submitting any form again?

Huntingwhale

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Wife and I are residing outside Canada too, so we came across this dilemma during our initial sponsorship application.

We included a letter from my boss clearly stating and signed by him, that I have an expectation to return to Canada when our approval is complete and my job waiting for me as soon as I return to Canada. I sent bank statements from my bank showing my RBC bank account still open. I initially requested a transfer to a foreign office and I included that transfer letter from my employer, which also showed my 'expiry date' of my relocation request. All the letters that friends and family wrote for us stated they were aware of our plans to move back, as I asked them to specifically write that.

I would also include a letter explaining that you have looked at rental properties and to list the various website URLs that you used. I wrote a letter (and included a letter from my friend/landlord) that we could move back to his place upon our return to Canada, but just in case his house was no longer available, I listed various rental websites that I planned on using to find our own place. Same for employers (if you don't have one lined up). List the websites you would use, the position, pay expectation, etc.

I don't think they expect you to make a financial commitment without being approved. But at the very least you could list the resources that you would use once you arrive. It would at least show that you have a plan in mind to find your own place upon arrival.

Jotdeep

Sep 4, 2020
Hello everyone,
I got request for RPRF payment on July 9th, as I sent $10 less after the fees increased. Anyways, I submitted the receipt on July 13th via GCKEY, but to date, this document is under review only, I dnt know why it stuck at one point? Anyone facing same situation??

sgp1986

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
I believe I got a ghost update today. On ECAS, there was a new item listed, but it was that they sent me a letter on June 3rd? Don't know what that is. But on gckey, it said application/profile updated, but there was nothing new on my profile.

Jasbir777

Aug 8, 2019
Hi guys,

I got my passport request today. My wife is in india. She signed up for Premium service during biometric appointment. I fill out the web form online and submitted request for passport and other documents pickup. Please can anyone guide me in how many days they contact us back. I signed up for VFS Jalandhar.

Thank you.

kalpanaT

Aug 18, 2021
Hi guys,

I got my passport request today. My wife is in india. She signed up for Premium service during biometric appointment. I fill out the web form online and submitted request for passport and other documents pickup. Please can anyone guide me in how many days they contact us back. I signed up for VFS Jalandhar.

Thank you.
I think you are going to get all the work done in 10-12 days.
Did you too got the email for submitting any additional information or submitting any form again.? and did you emailed to Ottawa VO for the PPR?