+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2020 OUTLAND Spousal Sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Received Biometrics letter today after a 5.5 month wait since receiving AOR , but no SA and no medical yet . Is this normal ? Also does anyone know where to get the biometrics done in New Delhi India ? We are getting appointment for end of October but the letter says we need to do it within 30 days
There are biometrics backlogs in some countries, esp India. Book it and advise IRCC that was first available date, you can include the reservation info.

Reactions: sly_007

sgp1986

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
I received my pre arrival letter last night. I was one of the NYVO that was sent to Manila, I saw someone else that had that get their PPR a few days after the letter so fingers are crossed!

cjr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
I was one of the NYVO that was sent to Manila, I saw someone else that had that get their PPR a few days after the letter so fingers are crossed!
As one of the same merry band of transferees: hopefully Manila is moving things along quickly!

dabigbass

Apr 20, 2021
NY, moved to Manilla checking in. I also just got my pre-arrival letter!

I wish the google spreadsheet had a column for the pre-arrival letter so we could see the general timelines between receiving that letter and "decision made"

Last edited:
Reactions: khalimanda and cjr

whitely

Jul 4, 2018
Aor Oct 22 pr Outland
Medical passed June 8
Biometrics exempt
Have not heard anything since medical update ..the waiting is worse than trying to do the application

Reactions: T27

whitely

Jul 4, 2018
I got my document returned after 4 months because of a missing signature. The IRCC checked my document after they received it for 2 months. Then ship it back to me by SURFACE MAIL which took another 2 months to arrive.
Same thing happened to me after 5 months ...so frustrating..I send again ..got my aor oct 2020

Reactions: khalimanda

User341308

Jul 8, 2021
It could be anywhere between 1 week or 1 or 2 months. Congratulations.
Can you please share your timeline?
Thanks!
Application submitted: Oct 10th 2020 Medical & biometrics request & completed: March 2021
Pre-arrival letter: June 23rd, 2021
Dm: September 3rd, 2021

Visa office: Ottawa, Ontario
Spousal location: India

Sandy2020

Star Member
Jun 14, 2020
Today I receive my pre arrival letter . My question is , I have to reply to this letter or create any account ? Or this is just for the information for the new comer ?

noelt1991

Sep 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Other
Today I receive my pre arrival letter . My question is , I have to reply to this letter or create any account ? Or this is just for the information for the new comer ?
you don't have to do anything like that. As mentioned in the letter, you can start looking into services available for new comers if you wish. There is no mandatory requirement.