+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2020 OUTLAND Spousal Sponsorship

T27

Star Member
Jun 3, 2021
Hello,
I am also an Oct 2020 applicant.
just wondering, has anyone received any updates after their biometric and medical was passed and what? Also, once they are satisfied with your additional docs (proof of relationship etc..) what does the status change to or how do you find out you’re good at that step?

cjr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Another October data point:

We never received official acknowledgement of which Visa Office is processing, or when they received it, but we had a response to a separate Webform Inquiry today that gave a pretty clear indication it's NY:
Since your file is located at the Canadian visa office in New-York, United States of America [snip] ...
Canadian Sponsor, US Principal Applicant, Outland from Texas.

FWIW.

Reactions: Greecman

barjinder

Oct 21, 2013
My application was received by IRCC on 16th October, outland from India. I know the process is delayed still most of the people here have got their AOR 2-3 months ago. I am still waiting for my AOR and nothing seems to help. When I call them, I get same reply that it has not been assigned to anyone and they can't tell me when as things are delayed due to covid. I tried contacting my MP as well, but got the same response.

Can anyone guide me to what I can do at this time? I feel like I am the only one stuck behind for no reason and its really depressing. My file was straightforward, nothing out of ordinary.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sandy2020

Star Member
Jun 14, 2020
My application was received by IRCC on 16th October, outland from India. I know the process is delayed still most of the people here have got their AOR 2-3 months ago. I am still waiting for my AOR and nothing seems to help. When I call them, I get same reply that it has not been assigned to anyone and they can't tell me when as things are delayed due to covid. I tried contacting my MP as well, but got the same response.

Can anyone guide me to what I can do at this time? I feel like I am the only one stuck behind for no reason and its really depressing. My file was straightforward, nothing out of ordinary.

I can understand it's really hard but brother You can only wait .

Jambuet2021

Apr 10, 2021
Hi, my spouse got the Biometrics Instruction Letter last week and the IRCC online tool for status checking shows that a decision has been made for the sponsor. But as a sponsor I am yet to get the sponsor approval letter or mail from the IRCC. Can I be sure that I have been approved as sponsor since BIL has been issued ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, my spouse got the Biometrics Instruction Letter last week and the IRCC online tool for status checking shows that a decision has been made for the sponsor. But as a sponsor I am yet to get the sponsor approval letter or mail from the IRCC. Can I be sure that I have been approved as sponsor since BIL has been issued ?
No, you can't be sure you've been approved as a sponsor, but it's still quite likely. Just wait some.

Rapsy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019

Our file was received on oct 5th. We haven’t heard after that. Contacted MP but nothing.

HopefulLegend

Star Member
May 21, 2021

Just to be clear, you applied last October and you still have not received your AOR 1?