+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2020 OUTLAND Spousal Sponsorship

sgp1986

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
Whew, ECAS shows my medical results have been received. That doesn't mean "medical passed" yet though, correct?

Nevermind!!! GCKey shows I have passed, and status says profile updated

Reactions: cjr

trancemist

Aug 25, 2020
Category........
FAM
What is the difference between the Biometrics Given and Biometrics Passed dates in the spreadsheet?

I see that many people put the same date for both.

In our case they were given electronically in the US at the ASC.
So I just assume that they get sent electronically to IRCC.

On the IRCC website our status actually still says that biometrics are not required even though we received the biometrics request letter, etc. The status also has a Biometrics number and date of biometrics enrollment (the date they were given).

So my question is this: is there at some point another message from IRCC that says that biometrics "passed"?

codase42

Sep 27, 2020
Whew, ECAS shows my medical results have been received. That doesn't mean "medical passed" yet though, correct?

Nevermind!!! GCKey shows I have passed, and status says profile updated
Where did you go to show the medical results have been received in ECAS? I cannot find anything in there that relates to medical.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
What is the difference between the Biometrics Given and Biometrics Passed dates in the spreadsheet?

I see that many people put the same date for both.

In our case they were given electronically in the US at the ASC.
So I just assume that they get sent electronically to IRCC.

On the IRCC website our status actually still says that biometrics are not required even though we received the biometrics request letter, etc. The status also has a Biometrics number and date of biometrics enrollment (the date they were given).

So my question is this: is there at some point another message from IRCC that says that biometrics "passed"?
When someone says biometrics given its they date they physically go and do it. Passed is when it shows up on gckey. Gckey isn't always reliable on updating but generally it will show the date they received it from VFS in that list where yours still days not required.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Where did you go to show the medical results have been received in ECAS? I cannot find anything in there that relates to medical.
In ecas you have the sponsor and the principal applicant. It will show in the principal applicants when you click on the underlined status which will be "in process" "application received" or "decision made" if you're lucky. ;) It usually shows the second last item as medical instruction was sent and the last line will say medical received.

trancemist

Aug 25, 2020
Category........
FAM
When someone says biometrics given its they date they physically go and do it. Passed is when it shows up on gckey. Gckey isn't always reliable on updating but generally it will show the date they received it from VFS in that list where yours still days not required.
So in this example, is there anything that confirms that they actually received the biometrics?
(Date of Biometrics Enrollment is the date that biometrics were given, but the language does not imply confirmation of receipt)

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I can't see your picture, but if it's showing your biometrics enrollment, there's nothing more you need to do. It's received.