+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2020 OUTLAND Spousal Sponsorship

wallywaf

Aug 21, 2020
My husband is a Canadian trying to go back to Canada and I'm a nurse but we haven't received any information about our application yet. Lol

Really hoping and praying we all hear something from them soon. At this point, I'm just putting it in a box and I'll attend to it when I hear something from them otherwise I'll go crazy stressing about it. :p
FWIW the two weeks before we had gotten our AOR1 we called CIC (waited on hold for >1 hr) we called to get our temp #, and also told them we were both essential workers (healthcare) after seeing that post. The lady asked a few questions ie treating COVID patients in Hospital, working in nursing home etc (we do nursing home care), checked to her boss-and they said they would likely qualify for expedited processing and flag our file and someone might reach out to us to confirm. Never got a call but two weeks later we got out AOR1 and Biometrics. Probably coincidence based on timing of the other folks on the google sheet. But worth calling them if you do hospital/inpatient Covid care or nursing home care.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
FWIW the two weeks before we had gotten our AOR1 we called CIC (waited on hold for >1 hr) we called to get our temp #, and also told them we were both essential workers (healthcare) after seeing that post. The lady asked a few questions ie treating COVID patients in Hospital, working in nursing home etc (we do nursing home care), checked to her boss-and they said they would likely qualify for expedited processing and flag our file and someone might reach out to us to confirm. Never got a call but two weeks later we got out AOR1 and Biometrics. Probably coincidence based on timing of the other folks on the google sheet. But worth calling them if you do hospital/inpatient Covid care or nursing home care.
That's quite interesting. While the demand for front line health care workers is very high and will stay that way for the foreseeable future a person coming into the country would still have to do Canadian training and/or passing the required exams for a given field. Since they do have "expedited" processing of apps in other circumstances it's a possibility.

trancemist

Aug 25, 2020
Category........
FAM
I didn't receive any. My spouse application was received October 28 2020 since no single notification each time I call I was told it still in process. I feel helpless
We received it.
In our case it was sent to the Primary Applicant (not Sponsor).
It basically says that they've removed the processing estimate progress bar.
Such things are notoriously inaccurate anyway...