kanislupos

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Singapore
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
@kanislupos what did you select for purpose in the questionnaire that comes up first while applying for TRV online? I know that in one of the forms we needed to select 'other' and then input 'covid-19'. But I'm asking about the questionnaire in the beginning that creates a checklist based on our answers, should I select 'visit family/friends' option or 'other'? Appreciate your help!
I applied through GCKey, I believe I selected the visit family/friends option.

Reactions: Pashy24

cad13

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 March/2014
AOR Received.
14 April/2014
Med's Request
08 October/2014
Med's Done....
15 October/2014(RPRF Requested on Nov 06 and Paid Nov 07)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09 January/2015
VISA ISSUED...
14 January/2015
LANDED..........
23 January/2015
Hello

any October 2020 applicant aor or any update yet?

thanks

Jasbir777

Aug 8, 2019
Hi guys,

I sent application for my wife on October 13, 2020. Its received on October 20, 2020. I haven't received anything yet. No file number nothing. Please if anyone else sent in same time frame let me know about your progress of the application.

Thank you

Daling

Mar 6, 2016
Hi guys,

I sent application for my wife on October 13, 2020. Its received on October 20, 2020. I haven't received anything yet. No file number nothing. Please if anyone else sent in same time frame let me know about your progress of the application.

Thank you
Call the immigration..they will will give u a temporary file number.

codase42

Sep 27, 2020
Hi guys,

Thank you

Hi Jasbir,

Everyone on this particular board (October 2020 Outland) is in your same boat. We've all submitted and no one has heard anything yet. You can monitor others' progress on the spreadsheet if you'd like. This allows you to see each month for the year and how they are progressing. At this point, no one in September or October have reported receiving their AOR. Personally, I am not expecting to receive anything until about the 5 month mark (prior to CoVID it was about 3 months.)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/edit#gid=1916383633

As Daling mentioned, you could call the IRCC and get a temporary file number, but it doesn't impact your speed of processing. If you go that route, you have to call a number in Canada from a Canadian number, so there are some hurdles to going that route for no impact. Personally, I have decided to pass on going that route as it doesn't help anything (group - correct me if I am wrong.)

Unfortunately, the name of the game right now is patience.

Best regards,

Codase42

sgp1986

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
I just found this thread! Amazing to see all the others that have submitted just in the same time period as me. My wife is sponsoring me, and my packet was delivered Oct 5th, so I guess I'm with the right group :) Do I add myself to the google tracker?

jclarke99

May 10, 2020
Welcome, and yes - please add yourself to the Google tracker.
Someone in the Sept group received a Biometrics request yesterday. So, hopefully in a month or so we should start seeing some action for the Oct group.

sgp1986

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
Thanks, I did add my name. (Side note to whoever runs it, I don't think the totals at the bottom are counting the last few rows)

I know we don't know for sure, but do we have an estimated time frame for once the AOR is received, to when you're allowed to move? I've been looking through the sheet, and looks like May/June are the main ones getting decisions/COPRs, with a handful in July as well. I didn't go through the data to see time from AOR to COPR, but is that looking to be about 7 months from when your application was delivered. And that (barring no delays), us Oct submitters should start to receive the COPR or at least a decision made around May/June, if I'm understanding this right?

jclarke99

May 10, 2020
Be careful to manage your expectations. Only 22% of January 2020 applications have achieved Decision Made.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume you have a Canadian spouse - so can't you move any time? You can maintain your Outland application even though you've become Inland. You'll just have restrictions on the ability to work, and won't receive Canadian Health Care, etc.

sgp1986

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
Understood.

From what I've seen, going to Canada with the intent to move there and stay before having your PR is not allowed and I dont want to risk anything. My last trip there (I got back the 10th) the border agent did tell me I can stay for up to 6 months, and stamped me for that, but because of work I had to come back anyways.

If I can move there before, someone please enlighten me because I would love that and would go to my bosses right away to see about working remotely. My lease is up in March and right now the plan is to move into my brothers house until I'm allowed to move. If I could go to Canada (and possibly come and go due to work as needed) with no issues I'd rather move there

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thanks, I did add my name. (Side note to whoever runs it, I don't think the totals at the bottom are counting the last few rows)

I know we don't know for sure, but do we have an estimated time frame for once the AOR is received, to when you're allowed to move? I've been looking through the sheet, and looks like May/June are the main ones getting decisions/COPRs, with a handful in July as well. I didn't go through the data to see time from AOR to COPR, but is that looking to be about 7 months from when your application was delivered. And that (barring no delays), us Oct submitters should start to receive the COPR or at least a decision made around May/June, if I'm understanding this right?
It isn't a matter of when you are allowed to move. Technically you are not allowed to move until you get your COPR but you can go on your TRV, eta or if you are coming from USA you don't need either of those. If/when you come to "visit" your spouse you can't travel with all your possessions, you have appear to be coming only to visit until you get your COPR.

There is no definite time from AOR to COPR time. Even harder to guess now with Covid. Give us more info, where are you coming from, your nationality, is the sponsor a citizen or PR holder. With more info we might be able to help you more.

sgp1986

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
Yes, I know I can't show up with my belongings. Which, tbh won't be much anyways.

I am a US citizen, in California, and she is a Canadian citizen in Alberta. If my work would let me work remote (it's still up in the air with covid going on) I would be up there in a heartbeat. I have a vague plan of asking my work for a trial period of working remotely from there for a month to two months, to 1) spend time with my wife, 2) show work I can work remotely with no drop off, 3) show the border agent that it is just temporary and I'll be heading back

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Yes, I know I can't show up with my belongings. Which, tbh won't be much anyways.

I am a US citizen, in California, and she is a Canadian citizen in Alberta. If my work would let me work remote (it's still up in the air with covid going on) I would be up there in a heartbeat. I have a vague plan of asking my work for a trial period of working remotely from there for a month to two months, to 1) spend time with my wife, 2) show work I can work remotely with no drop off, 3) show the border agent that it is just temporary and I'll be heading back
You won't have a problem in Canada working remotely unless your company does business with Canadian customers. In that case you are not legally allowed to do it.