+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2020 OUTLAND Spousal Sponsorship

trancemist

Aug 25, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hi
Did anyone applied for TRV for Spouse after submitting the file , I am thinking of applying but ,haven't received AOR
File sent in Oct.
Any thoughts ?
I'm curious about this question (just trying to understand).
By TRV do you mean Temporary Residency Visa?

If so, why would you do that with an OUTLAND application?
I've heard of people who have applied for PR as OUTLAND but then arrived at the border with their spouse and getting a 6-month visitor visa while they await processing (presumably because they changed their mind and decided to move after the OUTLAND application).

So why would you apply for a TRV in this case?

kanislupos

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Singapore
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
I'm curious about this question (just trying to understand).
By TRV do you mean Temporary Residency Visa?

If so, why would you do that with an OUTLAND application?
I've heard of people who have applied for PR as OUTLAND but then arrived at the border with their spouse and getting a 6-month visitor visa while they await processing (presumably because they changed their mind and decided to move after the OUTLAND application).

So why would you apply for a TRV in this case?
TRV is for people from countries that need a visa to visit Canada. Without a valid visa, we cannot even board a flight to Canada.

The Outland application is your PR application.

To visit your spouse while the application is processing, we need a TRV.

Sapphire18

Star Member
Jan 14, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-10-2020
AOR Received.
27-03-2021
Med's Request
27-10-2021
Med's Done....
06-11-2021
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
29-11-2021
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2021
LANDED..........
04-02-2022
Dear senior members,

Urgent query!!

Hi, I sent my husband's Spousal Outland application on Oct 14, 2020 and it was received by Nova Scotia office on Oct 19, 2020. I read someone's post today and I have realized now that I have sent the older version for forms IMM5406 (2018-09) and IMM5476 (2019-08). The latest version of these forms is of 2020-08 which I did not use because when I downloaded the forms on Sept 13, the 2020-08 version was not available on the website and I'm sure they updated these forms after Sept 13. I filled some information and sent all forms to my husband in Dubai via email for him to print & sign and courier them back to me. My husband signed the forms on Sept 24 and sent them on Sept 27. Due to covid and less activity of flights, the courier took longer than expected to arrive in Canada and I received it around Oct 3. I (Sponsor) signed the forms and put everything together and sent the package via courier to the Sydney, Nova Scotia office on Oct 14. I have the following questions:

1. Will they return our application because of this?

2. The forms were not updated until Sept 13 when I downloaded, but now the latest ones I see have the date 2020-08 on them, is this possible, I'm very sure I had double-checked?

3. I have Principal Applicant's UCI number, do you think it will be wise to send the 2020-08 versions via web-form?

4. Is there any chance of our application falling under the grace period?

Your guidance is highly appreciated.
They have 3 months grace period of the forms. you should be okay.

Reactions: Pashy24

kanislupos

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Singapore
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
Nice to hear that. You

Did they asked for biometric or you're doing on your own.
Also, have you applied under dual intent and selected covid-19?
I received a Biometrics Instruction Letter.
And yes, I did mention dual intent very clearly in my letter and the invitation letter, and yes as well, I selected COVID-19.

Reactions: cj7

gorukh

May 30, 2017
I received a Biometrics Instruction Letter.
And yes, I did mention dual intent very clearly in my letter and the invitation letter, and yes as well, I selected COVID-19.
Best of luck for your App, plz do update your result here
I am also planning to do same,can you share what supporting documents you gave in your file for TRV?
I am struggling how can i prove that my spouse will return back after visa expires.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I heard that the grace period is 30 days, how did you know it's 3 months, has IRCC mentioned this anywhere on the website?
I don't believe it is specified anywhere, but the 3 months from issue of the new forms seems to be what most people on here say. Of course it could depend on the officer handling the case.

kanislupos

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Singapore
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
Best of luck for your App, plz do update your result here
I am also planning to do same,can you share what supporting documents you gave in your file for TRV?
I am struggling how can i prove that my spouse will return back after visa expires.
Thank you! I provided very detailed ties to current country of residence:
  1. Employment
    • Letter from employer stating that they are aware of the trip and leave entitlement (32 days)
    • Screenshot of my leave balance on my HR portal
    • Copy of employment contract with salary and leave allowances stated
    • Copy of letter of promotion, salary increase and bonus 2020
    • Copy of work schedule for 2021
    • Savings account balance for the last 4 months
    • Payslips from Jan 2020
    • Tax assessment from current country of residence
    • Fixed deposit in home country
    • Trust fund in home country
  2. Financial obligations to family
    • Letter of financial support from brother, I pay his college fees and allowances
    • His legal pass to remain in country, course fees receipt, tenancy agreement and my subsidiary credit card that he holds
    • My tenancy agreement in current country of residence with my godmother

Reactions: gorukh

kanislupos

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Singapore
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
Hi I just realized I made a very stupid mistake on the Additional Family Information form... I just sent in a webform with the updated document. Do you guys think they would update my application... or is it better to start gathering documents again assuming it will get returned? I'm really devastated :(

Sapphire18

Star Member
Jan 14, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-10-2020
AOR Received.
27-03-2021
Med's Request
27-10-2021
Med's Done....
06-11-2021
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
29-11-2021
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2021
LANDED..........
04-02-2022
Hi I just realized I made a very stupid mistake on the Additional Family Information form... I just sent in a webform with the updated document. Do you guys think they would update my application... or is it better to start gathering documents again assuming it will get returned? I'm really devastated :(
What mistake have you done on the form? If you dont mind?