+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2020 OUTLAND Spousal Sponsorship

Kennykentipsy101

Feb 15, 2020
If I ask my MP to request for the progress of my spouse's application on my behalf, do i need to fill a use of representatives form for the MP to have access to the file? Or they automatically have access to the file once I ask them to make inquiry for my behalf??

constance23

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
So I got my biometric request this morning and a request for my birth country police clearance which I already sent them with my application package.

Is it because it has already expired - that's why they are asking for another police clearance?

My husband haven't received an AOR and SA - is this normal that I got my biometric request first?

constance23

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
If I ask my MP to request for the progress of my spouse's application on my behalf, do i need to fill a use of representatives form for the MP to have access to the file? Or they automatically have access to the file once I ask them to make inquiry for my behalf??
No need to use representative form but you need to give your MP your spouse's UCI if available, passport number, full name and date of birth.

Reactions: Fang_89

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
What the mps office requires is a question that the mps office is best qualified to answer.

Fang_89

Star Member
Sep 22, 2020
Hey everyone, I made a post about this elsewhere, but I thought it might be good to post it here too. We were recently asked to get a medical test within 30 days, which is great news in a way, however, my wife passed a medical test for IRCC last October for a study permit (which she has already obtained). When we sent in our application at the very beginning, we included the page that was given to us after the medical test, thinking it would be valid for 12 months (aka until October of this year).

Is this a common thing? Is there a way for us to reach out to them and ask if it is possible to use our previous medical test results?

Thanks for your help!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey everyone, I made a post about this elsewhere, but I thought it might be good to post it here too. We were recently asked to get a medical test within 30 days, which is great news in a way, however, my wife passed a medical test for IRCC last October for a study permit (which she has already obtained). When we sent in our application at the very beginning, we included the page that was given to us after the medical test, thinking it would be valid for 12 months (aka until October of this year).

Is this a common thing? Is there a way for us to reach out to them and ask if it is possible to use our previous medical test results?

Thanks for your help!
I don't think it is possible and a new test will be required. Not certain, however.

TEA_2020

Apr 15, 2021
So I got my biometric request this morning and a request for my birth country police clearance which I already sent them with my application package.

Is it because it has already expired - that's why they are asking for another police clearance?

My husband haven't received an AOR and SA - is this normal that I got my biometric request first?
Yes, it is likely that it is expired, otherwise they wouldn't ask. Check ECAS(Client Application Status) to see what stages are completed already.

frange

May 25, 2018
Same. Oct 5 no aor
I Think they are prioritizing skilled workers program over the sponsorship's one. It's going to be hard with the new applications for the 3 programs coming in early May. They still complain about the capacity to process the application then they launch another tour for 90.000 applications.

TEA_2020

Apr 15, 2021
I am sponsoring my wife from Pakistan.. I think my process is going quite fast and am satisfied, however I've seen timelines of past applicants and they also had a fast process in the beginning followed by silence for many months before hearing back.

AOR: Oct 8, 2020
AOR2: March 15, 2021
ADR: March 9, 2021
Medical & Biometric Request: March 16, 2021

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I am sponsoring my wife from Pakistan.. I think my process is going quite fast and am satisfied, however I've seen timelines of past applicants and they also had a fast process in the beginning followed by silence for many months before hearing back.

AOR: Oct 8, 2020
AOR2: March 15, 2021
ADR: March 9, 2021
Medical & Biometric Request: March 16, 2021
Yes, that's normal. It does state that the most time consuming part of the process is during eligibility/background checks.

constance23

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Yes, it is likely that it is expired, otherwise they wouldn't ask. Check ECAS(Client Application Status) to see what stages are completed already.
I will submit my new police clearance today so I'm quite relieved. Biometric is scheduled for next week.

Hopefully after this, we hear more news from them. I was finally able to link our application to my account and ecas - both are "in process".