+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2020 OUTLAND Spousal Sponsorship

sgp1986

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
Sorry to double post, can someone give me step by step instructions to request our temporary number?

My wife called, but she's stuck in the automated menu, which is asking her for (what I guess is) our temporary number. Is there a specific menu to go through, or do you spam 0 until someone picks up?

chotemiya3

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Sorry to double post, can someone give me step by step instructions to request our temporary number?

My wife called, but she's stuck in the automated menu, which is asking her for (what I guess is) our temporary number. Is there a specific menu to go through, or do you spam 0 until someone picks up?
Once you reach the main menu and they read out the options, Select 2, then 1 at the next menu and finally 0. That will connect you to the customer service. You might choose to select a call back if you get into the waiting line.

Reactions: sgp1986
Dec 4, 2017
Visa Office......
new delhi

+1 888-242-2100
go through 2,1,1 0
then u will get wait time and then someone will answer

sgp1986

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
Wife called and got the call back, they told her its in the temporary file waiting to be processed, but it is in the system. But she wouldn't give my wife a temporary number for tracking, and said we just have to wait and blamed covid for everything

Dec 4, 2017
Visa Office......
new delhi
Wife called and got the call back, they told her its in the temporary file waiting to be processed, but it is in the system. But she wouldn't give my wife a temporary number for tracking, and said we just have to wait and blamed covid for everything
That’s great at least it’s with them.
Temporary file number won’t help much so wait and after sometimes if no news from
hem then again ask her to call and ask for update.
Hope we all get Aor soon.
Good luck

Reactions: sgp1986

constance23

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
I'm happy for the November applicants who finally received their AOR but I hope that us too, October applicants hear some good news soon. Just knowing that they are on our cases will be really helpful.

Anxiously waiting.

Reactions: katfernztan

2plus2into2

Jul 17, 2020
October 2020 - Outland Spouse PR from India.

I have called CIC for AOR - gave Temporary File Number.
Confusing part is They said that they can find the application and officer is looking into whether it is complete or not - what does that mean actually, they only provide AOR for application is complete(which mean file is literally half processed with AOR) , because we know that we are eligible PR(will satisfy all conditions) and thus only time matters for receiving PR. Any idea ?

constance23

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
October 2020 - Outland Spouse PR from India.

I have called CIC for AOR - gave Temporary File Number.
Confusing part is They said that they can find the application and officer is looking into whether it is complete or not - what does that mean actually, they only provide AOR for application is complete(which mean file is literally half processed with AOR) , because we know that we are eligible PR(will satisfy all conditions) and thus only time matters for receiving PR. Any idea ?
I think they check your documents first if it's complete. If it is, they issue an AOR and if it isn't, they return it back to you with feedback on what sections you are missing or have to complete. That's why it's frustrating knowing that they could send it back even after 5 months of waiting. :/

Abhinandhan7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hi Friends, I really need urgent help and clarification. I am a sponsor and we submitted outland application on October 2020. We got temp number on Jan 7 2021. We had missed entering my wife's father email address in IMM5406 so we sent a webform with updated IMM5406. However, we made a blunder. We entered her brother's information but forgot to mention anything in 'Relationship' column. We did not mention that he is brother. But in the original forms we sent, we did not miss this. Will the application be returned? I am really anxious right now about this. I can send another webform now but I am afraid it will take few more weeks for it reach the system and the officer would already began processing my application. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited: