Med's Done....
Upfront
Here's my progress:
Application sent: Oct 19, 2020
Application Filed: Jan 22, 2021
Test Invitation: Jul 2, 2021
Test Passed: Aug 6, 2021
Background Updated: Oct 19, 2021

Nothing since then.. Any one else in a similar boat?
Alberta Applicant.

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Has anyone applied for an ATIP?
I received mine after 2.5 months of applying but not sure how to read it.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Hello,
Please share your opinion and add in tracker (Office - Mississauga, AOR = Jan 25, 2021, app filed = Oct 20, 2020). Last update on new tracker for my parents (age 70+) was made Nov 24, 2021. Old tracker shows decision made but don't know since what date DM was made. New tracker shows citizenship test and citizenship ceremony = not started. Language skills = in progress. Physical presence, background and prohibitions = completed. Passport copies were requested in Oct 2021 and after sending them multiple times, they finally confirmed them received and same email replied on Jan 12: "Your file has been granted for citizenship and is currently in queue to be scheduled for a virtual citizenship ceremony. Unfortunately we are unable to provide a timeline for ceremony".

My parents are very anxious now and need to travel back home for long term due to valid reasons. Their PRs are expiring in Aug 2022. They are at a point of giving up and just leaving. Note, their dependent daughter applied at the same time, but her status shows everything in progress except background completed as she requested exemption for knowledge and language due to a disability.
My question is:
1) What should be my best guess as to how much longer oath can take to try and convince them to stay put just a bit longer.
2) Do PR cards need to be valid at the time of oath, and if yes, how long it is taking to renew PR?
3) What options are available to them if they travel back home now and their PR cards expire.
4) Could the reason for delay be their daughter's case whose exemption request is still pending review?

Pls help as I am exhausted dealing with these delays and managing my parents stress and anxiousness.

Last edited:

Aquarius93

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello,
Please share your opinion and add in tracker (Office - Mississauga, AOR = Jan 25, 2021, app filed = Oct 20, 2020). Last update on new tracker for my parents (age 70+) was made Nov 24, 2021. Old tracker shows decision made but don't know since what date DM was made. New tracker shows citizenship test and citizenship ceremony = not started. Language skills = in progress. Physical presence, background and prohibitions = completed. Passport copies were requested in Oct 2021 and after sending them multiple times, they finally confirmed them received and same email replied on Jan 12: "Your file has been granted for citizenship and is currently in queue to be scheduled for a virtual citizenship ceremony. Unfortunately we are unable to provide a timeline for ceremony".

My parents are very anxious now and need to travel back home for long term due to valid reasons. Their PRs are expiring in Aug 2022. They are at a point of giving up and just leaving. Note, their dependent daughter applied at the same time, but her status shows everything in progress except background completed as she requested exemption for knowledge and language due to a disability.
My question is:
1) What should be my best guess as to how much longer oath can take to try and convince them to stay put just a bit longer.
2) Do PR cards need to be valid at the time of oath, and if yes, how long it is taking to renew PR?
3) What options are available to them if they travel back home now and their PR cards expire.
4) Could the reason for delay be their daughter's case whose exemption request is still pending review?

Pls help as I am exhausted dealing with these delays and managing my parents stress and anxiousness.
I cant answer all of ur questions but I would say apply for the renewal of their PR cards asap. Its taking approx 4 months. They can leave the country and come back as long as they hav a valid PR card. They wont be stuck in limbo. Mississauga office is v unpredictable. I am a July 2020 applicant and still waiting for oath. I was under the impression that i'll get my citizenship and didnt renew my PR card and now I am stuck. Havent visited my family in 2.5 years. As long as ur parents have a valid PR card, they can always come back to attend the oath when they get an invite. Hope it gives u some idea

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Has anyone applied for an ATIP?
I received mine after 2.5 months of applying but not sure how to read it.
I've applied for them twice. The first came in within the normal time. This last set I ordered Dec 27, 2021 and still haven't received them.

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
Based on GCMS notes, criminality checks & background checks are expiring next week for me. There is no updates related to oath yet. So, what should I expect next? Will background checks/prohibitions, etc. again change to In Progess?

Reactions: Onyile

PSIL

Jul 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
March 1st, 2016
Doc's Request.
Add'nl docs August 10, 2016
AOR Received.
March 1st, 2016
Med's Done....
Passed March 13
Passport Req..
September 6
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
September 17
I cant answer all of ur questions but I would say apply for the renewal of their PR cards asap. Its taking approx 4 months. They can leave the country and come back as long as they hav a valid PR card. They wont be stuck in limbo. Mississauga office is v unpredictable. I am a July 2020 applicant and still waiting for oath. I was under the impression that i'll get my citizenship and didnt renew my PR card and now I am stuck. Havent visited my family in 2.5 years. As long as ur parents have a valid PR card, they can always come back to attend the oath when they get an invite. Hope it gives u some idea
I renewed my PR card end of May last year so I can travel in September (3 months was the stated wait time) Come time for my trip I had to cut it short because of expiring PR cards. The card showed up over 5 months later . . . I know COVID has an impact but just wow! This was just for a renewal.

• Angry
Reactions: Aquarius93

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Update from me fellas!

Status Change (Test Invite): Feb 4, 2022
Test E-mail: Feb 9, 2022
Test Start-End: Feb 11, 2022 - Mar 3, 2022
Test Taken: Feb 27, 2022

I totally moved on from obsessing about the citizenship, hence the delay in taking the test. Very easy exam, although somewhat different from practice tests. I was getting through the practice tests in under a minute and scoring 100% each time. Exam took under 5 minutes with review, but I still got a mistake (not even sure why, but oh well!)

Now everything is done from my end; just waiting on the Oath. Does anyone know what the timeline for the oath invite is currently looking like?

Reactions: PSIL

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Unfortunately, this depends on a lot of factors, so it will be very hard to guess or predict with any accuracy just how long an oath invitation would take.

No. You can use your expired PR Cards during the oath. We did that, and there was no issue at all. A valid PR Card is only needed to board a commercial carrier when entering Canada - to prove your PR Status. If you convince them to stay then you do not need to renew their PR Cards. Renew only if they plan to travel outside of Canada.

There are options if your PR Card expires while you are outside of Canada. The Permanent resident travel document or PRTD is one, which you can apply for from outside Canada. See here for more details on this

Another option is to Travel to the US (if you have a valid US Visa) and then enter Canada via road using a private vehicle and use their COPR to prove Canadian residency.

The caveat for both the above are that they have to maintain and prove Residency obligations i.e. 2 years out of 5 years.

You will also have to factor in COVID travel restrictions if using the second option.

COVID restrictions may also affect the timeline of the first option.

This could be a factor, but the only way to be certain is to apply for GCMS notes and see what they said in that. I would suggest applying for GCMS notes for each of the applicants and seeing what the notes say.

Hope this helps a little.

Reactions: Ibaadat

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
London/St. Thomas for now...
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
Well peoples, today I became a Canadian!

Thanks for all the help, hints, tips and tricks.