strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
So guys, open question to all, how long does it take for oath to get scheduled these day, assuming everything else is completed? My friend applied in early October, 2020 and needs to make some travel plans.
Approximately 4-5 months after test to avoid disappointment

mogli

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Approximately 4-5 months after test to avoid disappointment
you gotta be kidding me .. why can't these birdbrains just do individual oaths, it's online anyways .. once everything is done, an automated process should kick in to finish this in 2 mins .. mail out a certificate immediately after completion .. unbelievable 5 months!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
So guys, open question to all, how long does it take for oath to get scheduled these day, assuming everything else is completed? My friend applied in early October, 2020 and needs to make some travel plans.
Well, you are in for an unpleasant surprise. I hate being the harbinger of bad news.

It takes 3 - 5 months after test is set to "Completed" (approximately) to receive an oath date (oath notification). Now, this oath date could be as far as 6 months in the future FROM the date of oath notification.

For example, if your test status is set to "Completed" yesterday (September 17th, 2021), you might receive a notification in your status dashboard on February 17, 2022 saying "Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on August 17th, 2022."

Please note that this is based on a worst case estimate (sort of), things could happen sooner than this. For someone who passed their test on September 17th, 2021 for example (depending on when the applied), they could receive an oath date, for say Feb or March 2022 (if they get lucky). This also depends on the local office of the applicant.

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
Well, you are in for an unpleasant surprise. I hate being the harbinger of bad news.

It takes 3 - 5 months after test is set to "Completed" (approximately) to receive an oath date (oath notification). Now, this oath date could be as far as 6 months in the future FROM the date of oath notification.

For example, if your test status is set to "Completed" yesterday (September 17th, 2021), you might receive a notification in your status dashboard on February 17, 2022 saying "Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on August 17th, 2022."

Please note that this is based on a worst case estimate (sort of), things could happen sooner than this. For someone who passed their test on September 17th, 2021 for example (depending on when the applied), they could receive an oath date, for say Feb or March 2022 (if they get lucky). This also depends on the local office of the applicant.
well, i am waiting since May 15th, so it is 4mo+ 3 days, and i still have 27 days to hit the 5mos mark :)
i mean it could be worse...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
well, i am waiting since May 15th, so it is 4mo+ 3 days, and i still have 27 days to hit the 5mos mark :)
i mean it could be worse...
I'm sorry about the predicament you are in. This kind of wait truly sucks. I hope you get to the next step very soon! Wish you the best :)

While I hate giving false hope, I also don't want to take away the little hope applicants are holding on to by giving them a very bad estimate (for example, 10 - 11 months from test to oath). There are several 2019 applicants who are still waiting, unfortunately. I just went for a number in the middle there leaning slightly towards the upper end of that estimate).

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
I'm sorry about the predicament you are in. This kind of wait truly sucks. I hope you get to the next step very soon! Wish you the best :)

While I hate giving false hope, I also don't want to take away the little hope applicants are holding on to by giving them a very bad estimate (for example, 10 - 11 months from test to oath). There are several 2019 applicants who are still waiting, unfortunately. I just went for a number in the middle there leaning slightly towards the upper end of that estimate).
yeah, thanks, hope to hear from CIC :)

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

IanYYC

Jan 14, 2021
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone here has their process with the Calgary office? I see update from many offices but Calgary seems to not be moving as fast as the other offices. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Last edited:

mogli

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

insanity ..

nycamtl

Dec 30, 2020

It seems like things have ground to a halt across the board. Glancing at the tracker for every 2020 applicant month shows very, very few "Decision made" dates in the past 3 weeks for anyone.

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
London/St. Thomas for now...
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
Test passed today 20/20.

Winnipeg office, so the waiting begins.

Reactions: varlam

sss19sap

Dec 17, 2016
Hey everyone,

I logged into the tracker yesterday. There is no movement. But it's the first time since 23 April that it says "updated 20 Sep". No other change.

Any opinions?

Reactions: americanincanada