+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Horizon2015

Aug 2, 2021
Thanks everyone... Quick one guys... I noticed that most people here have their background verification status completed even before the test however mine is still in process even before and after test. Is there any reason to be worried about this?
I am in the same situation. My test completed but not the background yet. Criminality also cleared, but normally security takes longer time. If you have international visit other than your home country, it may takes longer time. For normal cases, that is what I understand.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks. I am not online applicant. However, my test completion is not updated in ECAS? Can you pl. explain?
Test completion will NOT be updated on ECAS. ECAS is the old tracker.

I think you meant to say your test results have not yet been updated on the status dashboard (New Citizenship status Dashboard ). Usually, test results are updated in a couple of days after taking test. However, for some applicants it might take a few more days (or weeks).

I hope your test results are updated soon. Good luck.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Finally got the oath invite. It is scheduled on Feb 09, 2022. Angry that how long the wait is but also grateful that the end is in sight now.
Thanks again to everyone on this forum (and Raj especially) for all your help.
Congratulations!!! All the very best!

I have updated the spreadsheet.

Please post an update once you receive your oath invite email, thanks!

Reactions: vivek.89

AKM84

Aug 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally got the oath invite. It is scheduled on Feb 09, 2022. Angry that how long the wait is but also grateful that the end is in sight now.
Congratulations!! When was your language, physical presence, etc updated?

Horizon2015

Aug 2, 2021
Test completion will NOT be updated on ECAS. ECAS is the old tracker.

I think you meant to say your test results have not yet been updated on the status dashboard (New Citizenship status Dashboard ). Usually, test results are updated in a couple of days after taking test. However, for some applicants it might take a few more days (or weeks).

I hope your test results are updated soon. Good luck.

Thanks Raj, On dashboard it has already been updated but not on ECAS. I understood as you told that ecas is the old system and will not show. Meanwhile my background is still in progress although Test is shown completed?. Do you know how long it takes?

Thanks again for your help

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Congratulations. Wow. Feb 2022!! This is about 6 months from now :eek:

• Sad
Reactions: vivek.89

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks Raj, On dashboard it has already been updated but not on ECAS. I understood as you told that ecas is the old system and will not show. Meanwhile my background is still in progress although Test is shown completed?. Do you know how long it takes?

Thanks again for your help
BG checks time varies on a case-by-case basis and it depends on what checks are pending and the level of scrutiny. There isn't a standard timeline.

Hopefully, your BG checks will be set to "Completed" soon. Good luck!