+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
i just spoke to cic agent my office is missisauga and they have not requested anything more from my side.
had 2-3 previous addresses agent was really helpful they expired old ones on my file and also my method of communication was mail and she changed it to email.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Shubhisha

Oct 12, 2015
Passport copies request email says “Please DO NOT CHANGE the subject line.”
However attachment says “in your email of reply, change the subject line to your application number and your last name”

How are you guys doing? Any tips @rajkamalmohanram ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Passport copies request email says “Please DO NOT CHANGE the subject line.”
However attachment says “in your email of reply, change the subject line to your application number and your last name”

How are you guys doing? Any tips @rajkamalmohanram ?
I didn't change the subject line. If your subject line already contains the application number, I would recommend not changing it.

Reactions: Shubhisha

Ashlesh007

Jul 30, 2014
Hi Members,
Hope everyone is doing good. I have following question and would appreciate your help:
1. What is the difference between Test Invite and Interview Date
2. I got my test invite on Jun 18th 2020 and I completed my test on July 4th 2021. But, even after completing the Citizenship Test my status is “In Progress”
3. When should I expect an interview call and can I give an interview while I am outside Canada?

@admin Please add me to the tracker my timelines are following:
Package Sent: Oct 23rd, 2020
Package Received: Oct 28th, 2020
AOR: Feb 1st, 2021
In Process ECAS: March 5th, 2021
Test Invite: June 18th, 2021
Test Taken: July 4th, 2021

Thanks

Prince007bhv

May 16, 2021
Hi @rajkamalmohanram ,
I have just received email from IRCC to send all the scanned copies of travel docs. For sure I will send them soon.
My question is I am still stuck in India. What happens if IRCC sends an email for OAth soon or later in next month . There is flight ( travel ban) till almost end of Aug might extend. what I am supposed to do now? Can I attend oath ceremony from back home.

any ETA for next step after docs request?

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi @rajkamalmohanram ,
I have just received email from IRCC to send all the scanned copies of travel docs. For sure I will send them soon.
My question is I am still stuck in India. What happens if IRCC sends an email for OAth soon or later in next month . There is flight ( travel ban) till almost end of Aug might extend. what I am supposed to do now? Can I attend oath ceremony from back home.

any ETA for next step after docs request?

Thanks
You can't take oath from outside Canada. If you receive an invitation before you get to Canada, you'll have to reschedule your ceremony.

Can't you fly from India to Canada on an indirect route? It is tedious because you'll have to take a Covid-19 test in the country you are transiting from in order to be able to catch your connecting flight to Canada but it is doable. Some people have done just that.

But, it is unlikely you'll receive the oath date in the next couple of months. I mean even if you receive the notification next month, your oath could probably be scheduled for September or October. So, you might still have time to travel back to Canada.

I don't see you on the spreadsheet.

Could you please provide your information in the following format so that I can add you to the spreadsheet?

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:
Test Email:
Test Date:

Also, from the new status dashboard, can you please provide the dates of the following :

Background Check "Completed" date
Citizenship Test "Completed" date

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Members,
Hope everyone is doing good. I have following question and would appreciate your help:
2. I got my test invite on Jun 18th 2020 and I completed my test on July 4th 2021. But, even after completing the Citizenship Test my status is “In Progress”
3. When should I expect an interview call and can I give an interview while I am outside Canada?

Thanks
1. Test invite is when you receive the test email. Test interview is when you actually took the test. Ignore the "interview" part, that was for in-person testing.
2. Give it a few more days and it'll be set to "Completed".
3. Not everyone receives an interview and NO, you can attend the interview from outside Canada at this time (there have been no reports I know of from applicants who mentioned they attended the interview from outside Canada).

Could you please provide your information in the following format so that I can add you to the spreadsheet?

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:
Test Email:
Test Date:

Also, from the new status dashboard, can you please provide the dates of the following :

Background Check "Completed" date

Please also post an update once the test status is set to "Completed" and any further updates to your application.

nycamtl

Dec 30, 2020
Hi Members,

Thanks
I'm curious what is the longest period of time they take to acknowledge a passed test - your gap of close to two weeks seems quite long. I passed it yesterday but the site has still not updated to reflect it either. Should we call our local processing office if we near the end of the test-taking window with still no acknowledgement that we even took it?

NicolasLC

Jun 16, 2017
Hey all,
Just to complete my process record. I received my oath ceremony letter on June 30th (from the Halifax atlantic immigration office) and had my oath ceremony on July 14th (2 weeks after).
For a total of 10 months as an urgent process.
Good luck everyone.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey all,
Just to complete my process record. I received my oath ceremony letter on June 30th (from the Halifax atlantic immigration office) and had my oath ceremony on July 14th (2 weeks after).
For a total of 10 months as an urgent process.
Good luck everyone.
I've updated the spreadsheet.

kaisdeco

Jul 15, 2021
Bowmanville
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi,

I'm new here. These forums are very helpful. I'd like to add my times on this tool: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U27V95kWlCVYWB0zye7DvqoXSkyqxgbA31eEJ_TKO6Y/edit#gid=1339184945.
App. Type: Family(4)
Physical Presence: 1567
App.Sent: Oct 13, 2020
App. Delivered: Oct 19, 2020
AOR: Jan 20, 2021
In Process ecas: Mar 1, 2021
Notes:
1. Request for FP to the main applicant - March 8, 2021 : Processed on March 12, 2021 - Sent by CCRTIS on March 30, 2021
2. Issues with FP - letter reminding me April 16, 2021 - Had to contact FP company, CCRTIS and finally, FP received and forwarded to the corresponding office - email received on May 3, 2021.
3. Request for FP to my old son- (16 years old in April, 2021). - May 13, 2021 : Processed on May 14, 2021 - Sent by us on May 31, 2021 - Received June 4, 2021
4. Email received with description - " Follow the progress of your citizenship application with the Citizenship Application Tracker" - June 8, 2021 Where they say "Your application was created in our system on January 20, 2021 and is currently in progress."
5. Last BG updated as completed on Jun 22, 2021 Language skill, Physical presence & Prohibitions - In Progress Citizenship test & Citizenship ceremony - Not started

PD: My application was first submitted in May 2020 but was returned in September 2020.

Thank you for your help.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Ashlesh007

Jul 30, 2014
You can't take oath from outside Canada. If you receive an invitation before you get to Canada, you'll have to reschedule your ceremony.

Can't you fly from India to Canada on an indirect route? It is tedious because you'll have to take a Covid-19 test in the country you are transiting from in order to be able to catch your connecting flight to Canada but it is doable. Some people have done just that.

But, it is unlikely you'll receive the oath date in the next couple of months. I mean even if you receive the notification next month, your oath could probably be scheduled for September or October. So, you might still have time to travel back to Canada.

I don't see you on the spreadsheet.

App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1095
App Sent: Oct 23, 2020
App Delivered: Oct 28, 2020
AOR: Feb 1, 2021
In-Progress: 5 March, 2021
Test Email: 16 June, 2021
Test Date: 4July, 2021

Background Check "Completed" date 29 March, 2021
Citizenship Test "Completed" date In

Ashlesh007

Jul 30, 2014
Hi Members,
I have following questions:
1. I completed my application by myself but later hired lawyer to help me expedite it. So, will my lawyer get email because I got the test email and not my lawyer?
2. What to expect in an interview and are these interviews random?
3. How do I know my application processing center

Thanks