+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

MM3

Oct 7, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
PNP
my status shows- language skills-in progress, physical calculator- in progress, background chk- completed and prohibition-in progress. so how long it takes? i know my calculator is corect and language skill certi there too. 2 persons file. what do you think? what will be next stage> aprox test month?
We are next to get test invites anytime, i seen September applicants got invites June 21 to July 1 time frame to take the test and it was posted June 2 , so hopefully anytime this week till end of the month. Read read read

Jack-Can

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
Wish you best of luck , if you don’t mind how do you know the details of the security check and criminal check under background check , on my status page I can only see BC in progress with no details
I called IRCC desk, they updated me like that, that my Secutiy has been passed and they are doing Criminal Test by RCMP, and they have no control/timline when Criminal checks will be completed

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Oh man Im getting so impatient. The last mile is always the most difficult; seeing applicants in Sep, Oct, Nov receiving their invites has left me checking the status so many times a day.

The worst part is IRCC's seemingly random allocation of invites.

HarmanSingh1313

Oct 10, 2020
Hi Everyone,
Im an October 2020 filler and I got citizenship test invite this morning! Im currently outside Canada and Ive already emailed CIC to provide me details on how I can take the Citizenship test outside Canada. Im waiting for a reply. I was given this info in the PDF attachment I got with the Citizenship test invite.
my question, has anyone done the test outside Canada?Ive already emailed them, would this push my timelines for doing the test? Mine is due between July 5 - July 25
Let me know your thoughts! Thank you!

Reactions: varlam

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi Everyone,
Im an October 2020 filler and I got citizenship test invite this morning! Im currently outside Canada and Ive already emailed CIC to provide me details on how I can take the Citizenship test outside Canada. Im waiting for a reply. I was given this info in the PDF attachment I got with the Citizenship test invite.
my question, has anyone done the test outside Canada?Ive already emailed them, would this push my timelines for doing the test? Mine is due between July 5 - July 25
What does your invitation say about taking the test from outside Canada?

HarmanSingh1313

Oct 10, 2020
What does your invitation say about taking the test from outside Canada?
It says this:

If you are outside of Canada and you would like to take the Canadian citizenship knowledge test from outside of Canada, please contact us (IRCC.DNCitMISScheduling- ConvocationMISCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca) within 24 to 48 hours from the date of this notice and indicate ‘’Outside Canada’’ in the subject line of the email and provide your name, application number and the start and end date for your online test in the text of your email. We’ll contact you with the next steps after we receive your email.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
It says this:

If you are outside of Canada and you would like to take the Canadian citizenship knowledge test from outside of Canada, please contact us (IRCC.DNCitMISScheduling- ConvocationMISCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca) within 24 to 48 hours from the date of this notice and indicate ‘’Outside Canada’’ in the subject line of the email and provide your name, application number and the start and end date for your online test in the text of your email. We’ll contact you with the next steps after we receive your email.
Good, then they will reply back telling you that you can take it, and disregard the consent question about being physically in Canada. Just wait for their confirmation. Good luck!

michel_hammamet

Aug 14, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
Paris
Hi Everyone,
When did you get the email with the test link and instructions? I heard several days after the tracker is updated. Is that right?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Everyone,
You should hear from them soon. They'll simply ask you to take the test as if you were in Canada. So, it shouldn't be an issue.

I don't see you on the spreadsheet.

Could you please provide your information in the following format so that I can add you to the spreadsheet?

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:
Test Email:

Also, from the new status dashboard, can you please provide the dates of the following :

Background Check "Completed" date

Also, please post updates whenever there is one on your application. Thank you!

HarmanSingh1313

Oct 10, 2020
You should hear from them soon. They'll simply ask you to take the test as if you were in Canada. So, it shouldn't be an issue.

Could you please provide your information in the following format so that I can add you to the spreadsheet?

Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:
Test Email:

Also, from the new status dashboard, can you please provide the dates of the following :

absolutely! Please see below:

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants) 1 Single
Physical Presence Days: 1560
App Sent: October 17, 2020
App Delivered: October 20, 2020
AOR: January 27, 2021
In-Progress: since February or March
Test Email: July 2, 2021

also would you know whats the latest timeline for ceremony these days after test is completed? Would appreciate your response! Thank you!

HarmanSingh1313

Oct 10, 2020

Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:
Test Email:

All the statuses from the online checker site says “in progress” Only citizenship ceremony status shows “not started”

MM3

Oct 7, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
PNP
I was getting worried BG check was completed last March 29 and all are in progress except for Test, Application Received October 16,2020 no updates when the test would be.