+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
what about physical calc? language skill? Prohibition-because its still in progress. only background complete for me
Generally, those fields will be set to "Completed" only after you take the test (and complete the interview if you are invited for one).

EDIT: A couple of applicants from Quebec have reported that their "Physical Presence" and "Language" have been set to "Completed" even before they took their test but those are exceptional cases and probably only applies to Quebec based applicants / Montreal office.

Reactions: bmm651

gideonj

Oct 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2012
Med's Done....
11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
Updated! When did your application go "In Progress" on ECAS and what was the date your BG checks were completed?
Hi!

So - I've not had much luck getting info out of ECAS yet, italways says

"We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons: ..."

Even though I've been careful to enter everything correctly and checked back often.

However, there seems to be a new service to track things at https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/dashboard which is where I was directed at my latest attempt to lookinto it and there I was able to register with my applicatino ID etc and confirm the status of my application

So I don't know what date it became active in ECASE but it tells me Background check was completed April 28th

Thanks!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi!

So - I've not had much luck getting info out of ECAS yet, italways says

"We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons: ..."

Even though I've been careful to enter everything correctly and checked back often.

However, there seems to be a new service to track things at https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/dashboard which is where I was directed at my latest attempt to lookinto it and there I was able to register with my applicatino ID etc and confirm the status of my application

So I don't know what date it became active in ECASE but it tells me Background check was completed April 28th

Thanks!
Hmmm that's weird. Thanks, I'll update the BG check date. Good luck!

salmbagjaf

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
I just checked my application online and it says:
You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between June 11, 2021 and July 1, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
I had requested urgent processing and I called CIC yesterday, they told me they still see the request on my file and the agent said it has been probably accepted since my application is moving so fast.
By the way, I still have not received an email for the test. I checked my application yesterday and the test invite wasn't there. So it must have been updated today.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between June 11, 2021 and July 1, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
I had requested urgent processing and I called CIC yesterday, they told me they still see the request on my file and the agent said it has been probably accepted since my application is moving so fast.
By the way, I still have not received an email for the test. I checked my application yesterday and the test invite wasn't there. So it must have been updated today.
Updated! Please let me know once you receive your test invite email and once after you take the test.

All the best!!

Reactions: salmbagjaf

darrenelli

Apr 28, 2021
Toronto
App. Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1,127
App. Sent: 2nd October 2020
App. Delivered: 5th October 2020
AOR: 21st January 2021

"In Process": 25th February 2021
Background verification status completed: 26th March 2021

Citizenship Test Status - In Progress: 27th May 2021
Citizenship Test Status - Invited: 2nd June 2021
Citizenship Test Status - Completed: 4th June 2021

Jack-Can

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
All my fields are "IN progress " ,as per CIC security checks has been done, and RCMP will complete the criminal tests.
Ay idea, what can I expect that to be done ? ( they are doing the criminal tests since March 8 )

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Thanks for updating your status!

I have added you to the spreadsheet!

Reactions: darrenelli

salmbagjaf

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017

Congrats on passing the test. Had you requested urgent processing? May I ask where is your visa office?

darrenelli

Apr 28, 2021
Toronto
Congrats on passing the test. Had you requested urgent processing? May I ask where is your visa office?
Thanks! I highly recommend using this for practising for the citizenship test. I spent just 2 hours attempting these questions and checking the answers afterwards, mostly remembering important dates and answers for niche questions. One note is that the questions above are not identical to the 20 questions I was given in the real test, however very similar worded questions and answers. My result was 17/20. (pass is 15/20)

I did not request urgent processing. I applied from Toronto and mailed my application through Canada Post to the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

salmbagjaf

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Thanks! I highly recommend using this for practising for the citizenship test. I spent just 2 hours attempting these questions and checking the answers afterwards, mostly remembering important dates and answers for niche questions. One note is that the questions above are not identical to the 20 questions I was given in the real test, however very similar worded questions and answers. My result was 17/20. (pass is 15/20)

I did not request urgent processing. I applied from Toronto and mailed my application through Canada Post to the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
Thank you very much for your help. Just one last question. Had you also requested Urgent processing? Because it seems most October people are yet to receive a test invite.

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON

Congrats! Please keep us posted on the Oath invite as well -- hopefully it comes ASAP

I'm also in TO and have a very similar timeline to yours (lagging behind by a week). Fingers crossed!

Reactions: darrenelli

bmm651

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
timeline please.

Reactions: michel_hammamet