+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

IanYYC

Jan 14, 2021
Does anyone know the difference between the background verification and the prohibitions?
From the description they seem to me to be the same thing.

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
Fellow Ottawa office applicants, did anyone have background completed already? I'd presume these timelines depend on office as well...

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Fellow Ottawa office applicants, did anyone have background completed already? I'd presume these timelines depend on office as well...
Yes. My background is completed as of March 26th. I am from Ottawa. I reached out call center y'day and the lady mentioned the file is ready for test invitation, but depends on the office who handle the file needs to initiate the test invite. So god knows from now on...

Reactions: BuzzBuzz

vivek.89

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
Yes. My background is completed as of March 26th. I am from Ottawa. I reached out call center y'day and the lady mentioned the file is ready for test invitation, but depends on the office who handle the file needs to initiate the test invite. So god knows from now on...
Does the online status show all other steps complete? Like Prohibition, Language and Physical Presence?

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
Cool, that means Ottawa office is on the move!

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Does the online status show all other steps complete? Like Prohibition, Language and Physical Presence?
No. What I read from other forums, only background check will be completed at this time, rest will stay remain same until we complete the test. I might be wrong.

Jack-Can

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
Anyone from Hamilton?
My Application timelines are as below

1. Application received :: October 22, 2020
2. AOR:: January 25
3. In Progress:: March 4
4. As per my conversation with CIC agent, Background verification is going on

Prince007bhv

May 16, 2021
Hi,

I need advice. could some one please help me. I have come back to home ( India) recently. Since it’s been country lockdown and flights had been ban to travel. I could not travel back to Canada now. But my application has been changed like background verification is done and rest is in process except exam test. But now I am more concerned about exam what to do if the request will be made togive the test ? How to let them know that I am in India ? Will that cause any effect to my application? Plz advice

thanks

Luc22

Apr 8, 2015
MONTREAL
Hi,

I need advice. could some one please help me. I have come back to home ( India) recently. Since it’s been country lockdown and flights had been ban to travel. I could not travel back to Canada now. But my application has been changed like background verification is done and rest is in process except exam test. But now I am more concerned about exam what to do if the request will be made togive the test ? How to let them know that I am in India ? Will that cause any effect to my application? Plz advice

thanks
Hi,

You have 2 options:
1- Pass the online test from India, I did not see any condition on the invitation that says you have to be in Canada to complete the online test, you will be given 21 days to get prepared for the test (you will have all info and guidelines in the invitation email).
2- In case you cannot pass the test from India you can reschedule by sending an email to IRCC, and you need to provide a reasonable explanation for not completing the test. (this option is mentioned in the invitation with an email address for cancelling / rescheduling the test).

Good luck

Kimberly007

Oct 11, 2016
Hello

Please update my details

Type of application: Single
Physical Presence :1,127
Application Sent : October 23, 2020
Application Received : Oct 29, 2020
AOR: January 26 2021
In process: 8th March 2021

Thank you

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Hi,

You have 2 options:
1- Pass the online test from India, I did not see any condition on the invitation that says you have to be in Canada to complete the online test, you will be given 21 days to get prepared for the test (you will have all info and guidelines in the invitation email).
2- In case you cannot pass the test from India you can reschedule by sending an email to IRCC, and you need to provide a reasonable explanation for not completing the test. (this option is mentioned in the invitation with an email address for cancelling / rescheduling the test).

Good luck
You need to be physically present in Canada in order to take the test, otherwise, you should reschedule it.

If we invited you for an online test, you

• have 21 daysfrom the date in the invitation to take the test
    • If you need an extension, email the office that sent you the test invitation with your explanation.
    • Our officers give extensions on a case-by-case basis.
  • must be in Canada to take the test
  • can wait until the in-person tests resume (date to be determined) if you can’t or don’t want to do the online test

Last edited:

Luc22

Apr 8, 2015
MONTREAL
You need to be physically present in Canada in order to take the test, otherwise, you should reschedule it.

If we invited you for an online test, you

• have 21 daysfrom the date in the invitation to take the test
    • If you need an extension, email the office that sent you the test invitation with your explanation.
    • Our officers give extensions on a case-by-case basis.
  • must be in Canada to take the test
  • can wait until the in-person tests resume (date to be determined) if you can’t or don’t want to do the online test
Thanks for the clarification