+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

bmm651

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
No, they replied stating that it was normal processing. Which is great, but fingerprints can be sent anytime between IP and DM

The next step is generally the Test and then the Oath. Some folk may receive a FP request, and rarely, some folk receive a residence questionnaire i.e., an RQ. I haven't seen any posts regarding RQs in the last year, so I am not sure whether those are still in play.
What is FP? How long it takes for test after IP?

EngTech

Oct 2, 2020
Hello Folks,
I have travelled outside Canada for a couple of weeks and I got a new passport my old one which written in my application has been cancelled. Do I need to contact CIC to give them my new passport number?

Thanks

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
Fingerprint request. No clue because of covid. Could potentially be between 6 months to a year from today.
Is fingerprint request required from everyone? I did one for PR, I wonder if they would be able to use that.

NicolasLC

Jun 16, 2017
Hi everyone, I just wanted to give you an update on my situation as it is likely one of my last visit to the website:
I decided to apply for urgent process on February 12th (relatively to my job, I had a good reason to do it) after I received my AOR in January. It took them a while to attach my demand to my application. Actually, when someone from immigration called me, she was embarrassed that it took them 1.5 month to deal with my urgent processing (I was OK, considering it generally takes forever to get an answer from them). She told me that the 'urgency' was accepted, and send me an invitation to the citizenship test (April 8th).
I passed the test online on April 11th after a good read of the manual (19/20, no big deal, there is 2-3 tough questions, but a lot of relatively easy ones). My application status turned to "Decision Made" on April 15th (no interview needed for me apparently, but perhaps the immigration lady assessed me over the phone and judged I did not need an interview?!
It seems that I will participate to an oath ceremony at the end of may.
That's it, I am almost done with immigration processes after 14 years of various immigration applications! Believe me, there is an end to it (PS: I should wait until I have a passport in hands to say that)!
Good luck to all the october applicants!

michel_hammamet

Aug 14, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
Paris
Hi everyone, I just wanted to give you an update on my situation as it is likely one of my last visit to the website:
I decided to apply for urgent process on February 12th (relatively to my job, I had a good reason to do it) after I received my AOR in January. It took them a while to attach my demand to my application. Actually, when someone from immigration called me, she was embarrassed that it took them 1.5 month to deal with my urgent processing (I was OK, considering it generally takes forever to get an answer from them). She told me that the 'urgency' was accepted, and send me an invitation to the citizenship test (April 8th).
I passed the test online on April 11th after a good read of the manual (19/20, no big deal, there is 2-3 tough questions, but a lot of relatively easy ones). My application status turned to "Decision Made" on April 15th (no interview needed for me apparently, but perhaps the immigration lady assessed me over the phone and judged I did not need an interview?!
It seems that I will participate to an oath ceremony at the end of may.
That's it, I am almost done with immigration processes after 14 years of various immigration applications! Believe me, there is an end to it (PS: I should wait until I have a passport in hands to say that)!
Good luck to all the october applicants!
Cool.Congats, I have also the same timeline and applied for urgent processing. But nobody ever contacted me about it. Do you think I should call them better to inquire about it?

NicolasLC

Jun 16, 2017
Cool.Congats, I have also the same timeline and applied for urgent processing. But nobody ever contacted me about it. Do you think I should call them better to inquire about it?
If you have received an email saying that they have received you documents, I would send them an email, and if they don't answer within 2 weeks, I would let try to call them (they told me my demand was kind of lost, because they had some problems)...
But perhaps it is faster to call them right away so you know. You should also note that (f I remember correctly) if they reject your urgent processing request, they won't contact you and they will process your application normally...

Reactions: michel_hammamet

michel_hammamet

Aug 14, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
Paris
If you have received an email saying that they have received you documents, I would send them an email, and if they don't answer within 2 weeks, I would let try to call them (they told me my demand was kind of lost, because they had some problems)...
But perhaps it is faster to call them right away so you know. You should also note that (f I remember correctly) if they reject your urgent processing request, they won't contact you and they will process your application normally...
Thank you for the reply. I might call them tomorrow.

loganram92

Apr 20, 2021
Mississauga
Hello all,
I sent my application on Oct 15, 2020, and got an acknowledgment email on Jan 29, 2020. Anyone got a test date who applied in October 2020 or any progress after the acknowledgment letter?

bmm651

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Hello Folks,
I have travelled outside Canada for a couple of weeks and I got a new passport my old one which written in my application has been cancelled. Do I need to contact CIC to give them my new passport number?

Thanks
please update me, because soon i will get my new passport for india too. Did you applied for passport renewal online? because my doesn't work onlin.