25-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Passport Req..
26-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2017
Hey, guys!
My status changed to In Progress on March 10. Please update the tracker.

Single | 1126 days | Toronto | App sent: 20/Oct/2020 | App delivered: 22/Oct/2020 | AOR: 25/Jan/2021 | IP: 10/Mar/2021

Good luck to everyone still waiting. It'll not take long for your turn!

tyzia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Minsk
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Passport Req..
26-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2017
According to this below. Fingerprints is within regular timeline. It means that a local officer has started preparing for checks on the file. Read this useful info for steps
  1. You will send your application to Sydney
  2. They will receive your application
  3. Check your Application status on ECAS page --> https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do
  4. ECAS Line 1 Shows : We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on Month DD, YYYY
  5. They will acknowledge your file -AOR
  6. ECAS Line 2 Shows : We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on Month DD, Year
  7. ECAS status shows - In Process
  8. ECAS Line 3 Shows : We started processing your application on Month DD, YYYY
  9. Your file is sent to local office and simultaneously Background checks and security checks will start
  10. Your local office will receive your file from Sydney
  11. If your name is not unique they may ask you for finger print request ( otherwise NO)
  12. Once Background and security checks done you will receive e-mail from local office about writing the test and also getting interviewed with case officer
  13. They will give only 1 week to write an interview once you responded to their email. In case you need 3 weeks to prepare and write the test like normal processing your name be added in the list and you will receive email.
  14. If you are ready within 1 week writing the test they will send ms-teams consent that you acknowledged and agreed to write the test using ms-teams
  15. You also need to signing I-94 consent form, by giving my consent to U.S. Customs and Border Protection to disclose the details of my history of arrivals and departures into the United States to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) in order to assist IRCC in determining my citizenship eligibility.
  16. You will also be provided with letter to provide additional documents during last 5 yrs ( time since you became PR) rental agreement, receipts, employment pay stubs, record of employment, education certificates or the school you attended during that period. Your child report cards for all education institutions. Provincial health claim summary for each territory you resided.
  17. Get your Health Summary cards at the respective province you reside --> https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/health-cards.html
  18. The period you resided in each territory (entry and exit)
  19. Your passport travel history all pages ( this needs to be sent before the citizenship ship test )
  20. And finally you write the test using Microsoft Teams
  21. Followed by interview with case officer
  22. Status change to decision made
  23. And invited for Oath ceremony
Wow, thanks for sharing! The list is impressive. I didn't know about interview with the officer. Do you have any details of that? Also, I didn't know that they will request a bunch of documents before the test. Is it mandatory or depends on the officer?

michel_hammamet

Aug 14, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
Paris
Wow, thanks for sharing! The list is impressive. I didn't know about interview with the officer. Do you have any details of that? Also, I didn't know that they will request a bunch of documents before the test. Is it mandatory or depends on the officer?
For documents not for everyone. Unless they request..
Interview can be different for everyone.

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
Does anyone from where can i buy the hard copy of discover canada book.

There is a link on CIC website that re-directs to Gilmore Global Logistics Services publication which does not work.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Does anyone from where can i buy the hard copy of discover canada book.

There is a link on CIC website that re-directs to Gilmore Global Logistics Services publication which does not work.
I just checked the site, and they seem to be having an issue. I don't know if you can buy it anywhere else.

I was able to order it from them last week, so it seems to be a temporary issue. You should probably wait for a couple of days and ty again.

Reactions: boomshanker

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
is it fast process request?
No, they replied stating that it was normal processing. Which is great, but fingerprints can be sent anytime between IP and DM

in progress as of March 8, 2021.
What is the next step? Fingers print?
The next step is generally the Test and then the Oath. Some folk may receive a FP request, and rarely, some folk receive a residence questionnaire i.e., an RQ. I haven't seen any posts regarding RQs in the last year, so I am not sure whether those are still in play.

Reactions: proud_quebecois

Appcanada

Oct 12, 2016
Hello,

I am new to this forum and would like to get into the loop.

I had submitted my husbands application on October 3 (I am his representative).

I didn’t hear anything at all from them, so called today. They said they got the application on October 7, and on December 31 they mailed me the AOR and a copy of Discover Canada. However, I never received any of that.

The person I spoke to told me that his application is in process, and is currently undergoing background verification. Once that is done, his file will be sent to the Ottawa office (our local one), and they will contact us for his citizenship test. She gave me a link to eCAS, and according to that his application has been in progress since March 1.

My question to you guys is: how long does the background process take place typically?

Thank you,