+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Online citizenship applicants getting test invites. Can we withdraw paper application and apply online I think that will be faster we will be citizen in 3 months
Yeah I literally predicted this. I am so sad because I tried to apply online but it just wouldn't work :(

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
3. We started processing your application on February 23, 2021.

Line 3 added and status shows as "In Process"

Could someone please update the tracker.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
I saw quite a few of them reporting test invites. And they confirmed that they were not urgent.
Here's the links to the posts...

Online app submitted: December 4, 2020

AOR received: February 3, 2021

Invitation for online test received: February 23, 2021 (online test dates: February 26 to March 18)

EDIT: this is NOT an urgent application

I just got my invitation to take the test a few minutes ago. This is it!!!!
Hi guys. Received the online test invite now.

Application sent: Dec 04 2020

AOR email: Jan 25, 2021

FP request: Feb 16, 2021

City: Vancouver
Just got invite for the test too!

Online app: Dec 8

AOR Feb 10

Test period: Feb 26- Mar 19

Email shows CIC Edmonton, weird because I'm in Toronto. But it looks legit regardless. Non-urgent if anyone is wondering

Reactions: varlam

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Online citizenship applicants getting test invites. Can we withdraw paper application and apply online I think that will be faster we will be citizen in 3 months
I’m a November applicant and I’m pondering wether or not to withdraw my current application and apply online as it seems to be way faster

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
I’m a November applicant and I’m pondering wether or not to withdraw my current application and apply online as it seems to be way faster
Probably should wait a little more to see if this is a consistent thing before withdrawing. You've already been waiting about 4 months. If you withdraw now, you reset your application time to zero, with no guarantee that the same time frame will be followed going forward.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Interestingly, some people , who applied online in December 2020, are still waiting for AOR let alone test invites. No one from January/February 2021 got their AOR.

Reactions: simfhs and Hot2Cold

salmbagjaf

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
3. We started processing your application on February 23, 2021.
Could you please update the tracker? I requested urgent processing, over a month ago, and they told me two weeks ago that my request was forwarded to an officer to make a decision. Not sure if the request was accepted or not.

RockyAB

Jan 26, 2021
Got IP today. Someone please add me to the tracker.

Location (city): Vancouver
App type (single or # of people): Family of 2
Physical presence days: 1696.5
According to ECAS
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 14, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 4, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on February 22, 2021.
Never received any email or mail from CIC.
Can you add me as well? thanks

salmbagjaf

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Did you contact them through the webform? if yes, would you mind pasting their email reply?
Yes, I did. Here it goes:

Good day -----,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following document:

• -------
We have forwarded it and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Hira, agent 4259