+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

NicolasLC

Jun 16, 2017
Nothing on ECAS yet. App delivered Oct. 6th.
Also I asked for emergency process in early December, but the process can't be accelerated as my application is not yet in the system (they wrote me an email to say that). Instead, they invite me to resubmit my emergency process request later...Very efficient procedure!

JM_2015

Nov 3, 2015
Regina
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
03-02-2017
Citizenship: Family of 3
City: Regina
RecivedL Oct 16.
Ecas: Just one line
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2020
What does this mean?

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Citizenship: Family of 3
City: Regina
RecivedL Oct 16.
Ecas: Just one line
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2020
What does this mean?
Means that they looked at your application and documents and they will not return it for error. Kind of like an implicit AOR, you can call IRCC and get your application number and confirm that it is accepted. Also, you can ask them to make your preferred correspondence method is email and not mail.

JM_2015

Nov 3, 2015
Regina
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
03-02-2017
Means that they looked at your application and documents and they will not return it for error. Kind of like an implicit AOR, you can call IRCC and get your application number and confirm that it is accepted. Also, you can ask them to make your preferred correspondence method is email and not mail.
Thanks for the update.

Sackville

Jan 5, 2019
I am just curious. In the form, I already indicated my preferred correspondence to be email. So once we get an ECAS update, do we need to tell IRCC again that the preferred method is email?

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
I am just curious. In the form, I already indicated my preferred correspondence to be email. So once we get an ECAS update, do we need to tell IRCC again that the preferred method is email?
Some people reported that their preferred correspondence was set to mail even though they checked email. That would explain why AOR was sent by mail. Try calling them on Monday and see if it is really mail.

vickyy

Nov 7, 2015
My application was delivered on Oct 8th, but my ECAS still shows “we are not able to identify you...” is it normal, I’m super worried. I didn’t receive any return mail or email.

expressimmigrant

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
My application was delivered on Oct 8th, but my ECAS still shows “we are not able to identify you...” is it normal, I’m super worried. I didn’t receive any return mail or email.
You still need to wait for the AOR email before you can track the application through ECAS