October 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

ivg

Oct 14, 2020
Please add my details as:

Location (city): Toronto
App type (single or # of people): Single
Physical presence days: 1750
App sent date: 29 Sep 2020
App delivered date: **pending since 02 Oct 2020 (but probably delivered)

Last edited:
Reactions: flyingpbandj

rnakhjavani

Feb 23, 2017
Same i'd sent it on Sep 29 and it's been "out for delivery" since Oct 2nd. After waiting a lot i asked Canada post today and their response is

"Agent 10:10 AM
I do see here it shows LARGE VOLUME RECEIVER OUT FOR DELIVERY in the scans. That means it was brought to somewhere with a mailroom for them to sort. Items like these typically never get a delivered scan since we deliver them as a bundle along with their other mail and they sort it themselves. They don't say delivered unless the receiver contacts us to let us know what was in their day's mail. To get designated a Large Volume Receiver they have to receive over 200 pieces of mail per day so most don't take the time to contact us.

Agent10:12 AM
Its not a Cp center its been delivered to the receivers mailroom. That is as far as we are allowed to take the item.

They have the item but they empty that bin of mail and sort it themselves.
"

so we'll have to wait for AOR

Update:
now tracking shows application delivered on 2 oct (updated after 12 days)
I received the same answer from Canadapost. However, I did not accept it. We pay for tracking number and insurance and the number of packages received by the receiver is an irrelevant excuse in my opinion. So did not accept this answer and insisted they issue a ticked to followup and get the delivery signature. The ticket was issued on Oct. 8th and today I received notification from Canadapost that the package has been delivered on Oct. 2nd and they sent me the delivery signature.

rnakhjavani

Feb 23, 2017
Please add my details as:

Location (city): Toronto
App type (single or # of people): 2
Physical presence days: 1166
App sent date: 28 Sep 2020
App delivered date: 02 Oct 2020

ivg

Oct 14, 2020
I received the same answer from Canadapost. However, I did not accept it. We pay for tracking number and insurance and the number of packages received by the receiver is an irrelevant excuse in my opinion. So did not accept this answer and insisted they issue a ticked to followup and get the delivery signature. The ticket was issued on Oct. 8th and today I received notification from Canadapost that the package has been delivered on Oct. 2nd and they sent me the delivery signature.
agreed, just received the same. thanks for the followup

Reactions: rnakhjavani

mogli

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all .. I'm following up on behalf of a friend's app .. how long does it take to get AOR these days ..? App was received on Oct 7th, 2020 ..

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
June people have started receiving their AORs. I'd estimate a 4 month wait from delivery to AOR.
that is actually good in Covid standards! how long would you think it will take on average after AOR for the whole process?

flyingpbandj

Jan 31, 2018
Coquitlam, BC
that is actually good in Covid standards! how long would you think it will take on average after AOR for the whole process?
Hard to say... Until we start seeing the first tests or retests, it's impossible to say. They haven't tested anyone since March 2020, so I don't think me or anyone else can give out estimates on how long it might take until they restart the citizenship tests.

Reactions: cooldoc80

mogli

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hard to say... Until we start seeing the first tests or retests, it's impossible to say. They haven't tested anyone since March 2020, so I don't think me or anyone else can give out estimates on how long it might take until they restart the citizenship tests.
Interesting thanks, appears AOR takes about 4 months, that 4 times longer than the wait of a normal 1 month that AOR took ..
Using that generalization, normal processing of an app was about 14 months, from deliver to oath ceremony .. so worst case scenario we can probably multiply that by 4 ? thats about 56 months = almost 5 years .. dang! I really hope they have a plan ..

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Interesting thanks, appears AOR takes about 4 months, that 4 times longer than the wait of a normal 1 month that AOR took ..
Using that generalization, normal processing of an app was about 14 months, from deliver to oath ceremony .. so worst case scenario we can probably multiply that by 4 ? thats about 56 months = almost 5 years .. dang! I really hope they have a plan ..
If you are lucky you may have to wait 4 months for an AOR. Lot of Jan,Feb,Mar,Apr and May applicants are still waiting for an AOR.They won't finish issuing AOR for all June's applicants and they will move to July.

Viral

Jul 22, 2014
Hi Team,

Please add my details -

Type of application: Family
Physical Presence :1,119
Application Sent : Oct 7th, 2020
Application Received : Oct 13th, 2020

Thank you!

groorj

Sep 26, 2016
App Sent: Jan 3rd 2020
App Received: Jan 6th 2020
Type of application: Family (2 + 3)

Application resubmitted: Jun 3rd 2020
Application resubmitted received: Jun 8th 2020

AOR: Oct 13th 2020

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
App Sent: Jan 3rd 2020
App Received: Jan 6th 2020
Type of application: Family (2 + 3)

Application resubmitted: Jun 3rd 2020
Application resubmitted received: Jun 8th 2020

AOR: Oct 13th 2020
Wrong sub-forum. You should post in the June 2020 sub-forum; they should be able to sort you out!