+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Farah2018

Sep 9, 2018
Hello just giving an update, had interview yesterday Aug 23. They ask for all of your passports, ID's and verify language documents. Before attending interview the only thing complete on my tracker was Background check and Citizenship test, everything else was pending. I am October 2020 applicant.

After the interview, the immigration officer let me know they are running a pilot project where you are able to become a citizen the same day! Just need to surrender your PR card. Waited 30 min was taken into a room where I gave oath with officiant, took pictures, gave me my citizenship certificate and that was it!

I will say though that not everyone who was waiting for their interview were given opportunity to become citizen that day. I am not sure how they choose.

Best of luck to you all.
Congratulations. What is your processing office?

americanincanada

Jun 4, 2021
Category........
CEC
After the interview, the immigration officer let me know they are running a pilot project where you are able to become a citizen the same day! Just need to surrender your PR card. Waited 30 min was taken into a room where I gave oath with officiant, took pictures, gave me my citizenship certificate and that was it!

I will say though that not everyone who was waiting for their interview were given opportunity to become citizen that day. I am not sure how they choose.
Is there any other examples on this forum of people doing the pilot program? My partner was invited for an online interview and I'm wondering if he should try to change to in person so that he might be eligible for it

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Application received by IRCC: Oct. 30, 2020
Gave test: August 2021
Dm: Feb 2022
Oath date: Sept. 10, 2022
Processing office: Mississauga/ GTA-CEN
Waiting for email with instructions
Hey, how was your oath? Since things have now changed since the new king now. Did they mention anything about the new change in your oath?cuz I’m hearing that they will now change the passports and even text on the oath letters which may delay things. Please advise

ryersonfs

Aug 11, 2015
Thank u so much i will do that!
did this work? My travel document will be expired in a few months not sure if this can help move the application forward(has been stuck at waiting for ceremony for 7 months, been 9 months since finishing test)

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
Hey, how was your oath? Since things have now changed since the new king now. Did they mention anything about the new change in your oath?cuz I’m hearing that they will now change the passports and even text on the oath letters which may delay things. Please advise
Hey, oath process was smooth. We now have to say His Majesty King Charles the third during oath, no other changes anywhere. Hoping passport process will also be this smooth without any delays.

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Hey, oath process was smooth. We now have to say His Majesty King Charles the third during oath, no other changes anywhere. Hoping passport process will also be this smooth without any delays.
Oh I see, the oath letter that you received Did it have the queens name or king? Did they say anything about the citizenship certificate changes and when will you receive it? Anything they mentioned?

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
And how soon did you receive your oath date after everything in your tracker got updated except oath ceremony?

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
Oh I see, the oath letter that you received Did it have the queens name or king? Did they say anything about the citizenship certificate changes and when will you receive it? Anything they mentioned?
Oath letter had Queen's name because she was alive at the time. They said certificate will be provided between 2 to 4 weeks.

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Update:

I took the oath September 6. I sent them the signed forms, Sept 6th. No further updates yet.

Any idea how long it takes to get tracker changed?