+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
Hello,
I'm posting this question on my friend's behalf: is it possible to travel out of Canada after test is passed and waiting for oath ceremony?

ryersonfs

Aug 11, 2015
I see there are many updates for Oct applicants, wondering how many ppl have background check complete in late March 2021 but still haven't received any more updates? How long does it usually take to get from background check complete to other sections completed(to receive test invite) as well?

Reactions: Camilanogueira

expressimmigrant

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Hi, I have a few updates

Background Check Completed: April 8, 2021
Test Email: Received August 11, 2021 with attached letter invitation dated August 10 (if it's important, the new online portal shows "Citizenship Test" as "In progress" as of August 6)
Test Window: August 13, 2021 - September 2, 2021
Test Date: August 16, 2021 (Passed and waiting for official confirmation of passing)
Language Skills, Physical Presence, Prohibitions, Citizenship Test: In progress
Congratulations!

expressimmigrant

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
I see there are many updates for Oct applicants, wondering how many ppl have background check complete in late March 2021 but still haven't received any more updates? How long does it usually take to get from background check complete to other sections completed(to receive test invite) as well?
I applied in October 2020 and still the BG check "In-progress" with no update so far

syphix

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
I applied in October 2020 and still the BG check "In-progress" with no update so far
I applied as a family. For me my background check is complete since 17 march 2021 but for my spouse it is still in progress. Does it mean that all our files are put in pause as they are doing more indepth background check on him? Do you think it is because he was here for studies 10 years ago, went back to home country after studies then we came here as PR recently they do more background checks?

Or because we filed our application in English instead of French (we are in Québec)?
Or our application got lost somewhere? lol

I see people in Feb 2021 from montreal already got their tests :(

kaisdeco

Jul 15, 2021
Chestermere
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Please add me. Just wanna share my case in sake of improving forecast accuracy of the spreadsheet
Location: Toronto - Scarborough Office (Non-urgent processing)
App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants): Family - 3 members
Physical Presence Days: 1113
App Sent: October 20, 2020
App Delivered: October 22, 2020
AOR: January 25, 2021
In-Progress: March 03, 2021
Test Email: June 11, 2021 (Scheduled for citizenship test)
Test Date: June 14, 2021
Language, Physical, Prohibition completed: August 13, 2021 (Decision made in ECAS)
Wow! Congratulations!. :):):)
We have similar times and the same office, we are a family of 4 but we have not yet been called for the test. Only our BG check is completed. We hope to hear from them soon.

Reactions: kyuuan

expressimmigrant

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
I applied as a family. For me my background check is complete since 17 march 2021 but for my spouse it is still in progress. Does it mean that all our files are put in pause as they are doing more indepth background check on him? Do you think it is because he was here for studies 10 years ago, went back to home country after studies then we came here as PR recently they do more background checks?

Or because we filed our application in English instead of French (we are in Québec)?
Or our application got lost somewhere? lol

I see people in Feb 2021 from montreal already got their tests :(
As per the CIC website, the family applications are processed together. Sometimes some applications take longer than others but I think they aim to have the family application package finalized together as much as possible. If there is a problem with one of the applications, they might resort to processing that one separately. In that case, they should tell you if they are doing that. Since you have no mention about them notifying you about something similar to this, then the expectation is that everything appears to be normal. I included the link below

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=734&top=5

Reactions: syphix

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Hello everyone,
My sis and parents applied in Oct 2020. My parents are exempt from test due to age and my sis has a intellectual disability which was the basis of her PR approval as a dependent of my parents under parent sponsorship. When we applied for citizenship, we also provided a supporting letter for her from her family doctor in Canada. Today I saw status update online as follows:
-You have been scheduled to take the citizenship test online. Read the invitation you will receive carefully.
-You need to take your online citizenship test between August 23, 2021 and September 12, 2021.

Who do we contact in this situation to confirm that is it a mistake? She has a disability and should be exempt from test or english requirement. How do they normally send the invitation? We have not received anything yet. Please advise on the course of action. Thanks in advance!

(There is no new update on my parents application. They applied together).

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello everyone,
My sis and parents applied in Oct 2020. My parents are exempt from test due to age and my sis has a intellectual disability which was the basis of her PR approval as a dependent of my parents under parent sponsorship. When we applied for citizenship, we also provided a supporting letter for her from her family doctor in Canada. Today I saw status update online as follows:
-You have been scheduled to take the citizenship test online. Read the invitation you will receive carefully.
-You need to take your online citizenship test between August 23, 2021 and September 12, 2021.

Who do we contact in this situation to confirm that is it a mistake? She has a disability and should be exempt from test or english requirement. How do they normally send the invitation? We have not received anything yet. Please advise on the course of action. Thanks in advance!

If she received this in error, once you receive the test invite email, you'll find an email that you can respond to and get this clarified. In the email, include all the information like her UCI, application number, full name and let them know you requested for an exemption from language testing for your sister and provide relevant documentation.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello everyone,

In the test invites, you can find an email in eligibility section. Send an email explaining everything(including the doctor letter etc) and they should be able to mark the test exempted if rules allow.
Dont send too many emails as they will take few days to a week to respond.

Reactions: Ibaadat

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
If she received this in error, once you receive the test invite email, you'll find an email that you can respond to and get this clarified. In the email, include all the information like her UCI, application number, full name and let them know you requested for an exemption from language testing for your sister and provide relevant documentation.
Thank you for your suggestion! When should I expect the test invite email based on the dates mentioned above?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thank you for your suggestion! When should I expect the test invite email based on the dates mentioned above?
It might come as close as 2 days or before the test window.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
In the test invites, you can find an email in eligibility section. Send an email explaining everything(including the doctor letter etc) and they should be able to mark the test exempted if rules allow.
Dont send too many emails as they will take few days to a week to respond.
Test invite comes via email and do you mean to reply to that same email and explain?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Test invite comes via email and do you mean to reply to that same email and explain?
It might be the same email but you are supposed to email for any issues related to rescheduling etc to the email mentioned only in "Eligibility Section" of pdf test invite.

Reactions: Ibaadat