+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

canadian.2014

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
I completed Oath Ceremony on June 22. One question - I replied to the "Congratulations " email from the Niagra office with the attached Signed Oath Affirmation form. Is it the right process?
The subject line has to be different. For me it was the File Number then Family Name and then Officers Initials.
e,g.
Oath form for C000000000, Family Name: LASTNAME, Officer Initials: AB
BTW, @boomshanker, @Jack-Can Congratulations on your Citizenship !!!

Reactions: boomshanker

Jack-Can

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
The subject line has to be different. For me it was the File Number then Family Name and then Officers Initials.
e,g.
Oath form for C000000000, Family Name: LASTNAME, Officer Initials: AB
BTW, @boomshanker, @Jack-Can Congratulations on your Citizenship !!!
Yeah I sent email to IRCC office today morning, they confirmed my certificate is ready , it just need to be mailed.

kaisdeco

Jul 15, 2021
Bowmanville
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi pals,

I'm happy because I saw many applicants with the completed process or have the Oath scheduled.
We have the items of the process completed less Oath (not started). We got this update om february 8th; however, we don't have received any update. We have close than 5 month since that update.
How long they take to say something about the Oath?
I moved on December 2021 from O tario to Alberta and I changes our address. Do you think that impacted in our application?

Thank you

Jack-Can

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
Hi pals,

I'm happy because I saw many applicants with the completed process or have the Oath scheduled.
We have the items of the process completed less Oath (not started). We got this update om february 8th; however, we don't have received any update. We have close than 5 month since that update.
How long they take to say something about the Oath?
I moved on December 2021 from O tario to Alberta and I changes our address. Do you think that impacted in our application?

Thank you
Most likely yes, as we moved to another location, IRCC moved our file to the region-specific IRCC office.
To confirm this, either you can call the CIC helpdesk to confirm or order GCMS, I would go for CIC call to confirm instead of GCMS notes ( as it takes more than a month to get the GCMS notes these days ),
I hope it helps. Thank you

Last edited:

yma981

Dec 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Lebanon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
25-07-2013
Hello guys,

My wife is an Oct 2020 applicant, she finished the online test in July 2021 (11 month ago) as an outside Canada applicant, is it normal that after this long her file didn't progress?! No DM, no requests, no oath. Even though the return to Canada proof was sent to them as they requested!

I heard that they are punishing applicants doing the test from outside Canada.

What do you think?

Reactions: Dreamlad

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hello guys,

My wife is an Oct 2020 applicant, she finished the online test in July 2021 (11 month ago) as an outside Canada applicant, is it normal that after this long her file didn't progress?! No DM, no requests, no oath. Even though the return to Canada proof was sent to them as they requested!

I heard that they are punishing applicants doing the test from outside Canada.

What do you think?
She didn't get interview?

vickyy

Nov 7, 2015
Hello guys, are most of the Oct 2020 applicants received the Oath? I am so frustrated that not only I still have a few criteria" in progress" but have been waiting forever and ever and received nothing to do the Oath.

ryersonfs

Aug 11, 2015
Hello guys, are most of the Oct 2020 applicants received the Oath? I am so frustrated that not only I still have a few criteria" in progress" but have been waiting forever and ever and received nothing to do the Oath.
I am in similar situation, everything else is completed since Feb 2022 but no update for ceremony....

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
I am still waiting for oath, stuck at DM since 5 months now.